This is the official subreddit for the Macon Bacon! We discuss all things Macon Bacon and share our experiences with at the games.
A subreddit dedicated to sharing the stories of Reddit's [Dwarf Fortress](http://www.reddit.com/dwarffortress) succession / bloodline forts and keeping the forts alive just long enough for some interesting stories of !!fun!!.
How does the game run on PS5? Not necessarily graphics/frame rate, but in terms of controls. Since it’s mainly a PC game (I think at least), i feel like it might feel clunky with less buttons. Any reviews?
I did the remap in big picture mode but the changes didn’t translate to in game controls. Is there something I have to set?
Microsoft knows better than me what I want with my computer.
I uninstalled it in order to use LibreWolf (basically better Firefox) instead, but clearly Microsoft is the authority to be listened to when it comes to what software I should use.
During the download, all other network activity was almost completely cut off, including the 7GB game update I was trying to download. Clearly, reinstalling Edge is far more important than anything else I could possibly do with my computer.
Thank you Microsoft for teaching me right!
In all seriousness, these kinds of "features" are the ones that prevent me from daily driving Windows. Besides all of the other issues I have with it, the fact that I straight-up am not allowed use the OS in the way that I want anymore is a deal breaker for me. It's not even technical reasons. Microsoft explicitly disallows me from configuring and using it the way I want.
Your Local Gentoo User
Tried testing out the Grand Prix mode, I literally cannot find a single player.
I have never played this mode before so my MMR is on 0 I assume. Can’t believe I cannot find a match upon my first matchmaking attempt . Literally haven’t played the game so it should be easy to match me with new players .....????
Hey all, I didn't see any posts pertaining to this, so I figured I'd do it myself. I love this game, and hearing that it would be losing support was bittersweet. I started looking around to see if there was much of a modding community, and honestly, I was surprised to see there really isn't much out there, just some graphics mods, really. Yet, I can't help but feel that the potential of modding this game is so strong, with so many possibilities for locations, playable characters, villains, and costumes. Is there anything in the way of resources modders could use for the game? An open-sourced engine or anything that encourages mods like Bethesda encourages them?
I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing works. Guess it’s time for me to finally upgrade to PS5 unless anyone knows how to fix this issue. I can still play gunfight and co op for some reason though.
When i started playing there were some decks explained here on Reddit, but sadly these days there are not that many. I know some players left, there were some lame shilling attempts, a lot of pressure on some decks/cards and so on.
So, now that Band of the Wolf is locked and lately there were so many post about how it's hard to play against people in higher ranks and requests for even more "help" for low rank players i decided to share this super cheap deck. This deck is also a tribute to all the players i saw giving advices in the past, real good value.
Ok, this is a Zombie Midrange Death Deck
. Before the changes in deck names it was called Zombie Deck. https://gudecks.com/decks/GU_1_1_KCBKCBKCGKCGKCyKCyCAgCAgCCcCCcCCeCCeCDSCDSHAFHAFIACIACIADIADIAJIAJIAKIAKIBJIBJIBPIBPIBZIBZ?godPowers=100106&archetype=Zombie%20Midrange%20Death
I've been playing this deck for a long time (since Mortal Judgment was released), changing some cards in the process. It has over a 1000 matches in total (combined with previous types and deck name) with win rate around 60%.
It's is important o say that this deck can reach Mythic but it is hard (more on that later). Purpose of this deck is constant higher rank presence for daily earnings. You can easily stay in Solar Gold and go to Diamond. With this deck i earn a 30 GODS a week on average
(sometimes is 28, sometimes is 35, but for an ease of calculation let's keep it at 30).
It has a good win rate against almost every deck out there, with some deck being super annoying and Control Death being the hardest to beat. More importantly it is a great counter to any aggro deck, especially War.
As you can see it is a very cheap, at the moment i was writing this it was 15$. The most expensive cards are Necroscepter
and Netherswarm Lord,
and that's it. God power - always Soul Burn for frenzied effect.
So let's go trough the cards. Gleamweaver
- for Anubians and Mages mostly (Arcane Burst and Pyrrhic Knowledge combos). Sometimes it is good against Light as well. It is a versatile 1 mana card with 2/2 stats. Vanguard Axewoman
- top Welcome pack card. 1 mana 2/2 and it adds clearing options early on (Anubians, aggro decks) Blight Bomb
and Curse of Greed
- amazing low mana spells. If you are going second you always want one of those in your hand. Curse also has an empowered option you can use if needed. Voracious Fiend
- very good card, and a bit underrated. For 2 mana you get 2/2 with afterlife 1/1 Zombie. Sticky creature, those are important for this deck. You can play it on turn 1 and have board control instantly. Wicked Fae
- Jack of many trades. For 2 mana you get 2/2 and 1/1 creatures with clearing option. It adds to tempo, board clearing and board presence. Cursed Hoplite
- I would the the most underrated Death card ever. Hoplite is great, 3 mana adds 3/1 with 1 armor, and afterlife summon 1/2 with 1 armor. It has 3 DMG so it can clear creatures, especially aggro 1/3 creatures. It is also a "trap" card because there are some players who see it and immediately think "this is a bigger threat, i need to remove it ASAP". And it is a sticky creature for sure. Cursed Obelisks
- Those are top Death cards in most of the decks. Obelisks are not that expensive but Necroscepter is the most expensive card on the list. They add board presence and constant healing from zombies. Obelisks will be targeted ASAP (especially by Mages) and your opponent will waste cards on it. But it has backline so mostly spells. Necroscepter is great because if opponent does not have relic removal you will always have at least one creature on board. Be careful around The Sanctum - find Sanctum tutorial and learn how it works.
Those two are not 100% essential but you should have them in a long run for better constant win rates. With Soul Burn you will always create board threat. Decaying Rhino
- 4 mana heavy creature. You can even play it without frenzied effect just so the opponent will trade it's creatures or waste spells. Strong hitter and can easily get opponent in trouble. Netherswarm Lord
- very versatile card. 3/5 with buffs to all Nether creatures and draw card once frenzied. It will always, always be targeted first so you can use it as a bait as well. And always place it right of Obelisks, so Obelisks will proc first, then Lord. Ray of Disintegration
- great 5 mana spell. It doesn't cost much so you can combine it with god power or cards from Sanctum (to remove ward). If combined with god power you do 3 DMG to opponent god as well. I have won so many times because of that. Bifurcating Curse
- this is a key card for clearing boards for you. Especially those annoying even mana aggro cards. Your Zombies are all odd mana value (1), Hoplite is 3 and Skeleton is 1. Voracious Fiend afterlife is also 1, Obelisks 3, so you clear those even value mana creatures and have full board presence or trade your creatures to clear the rest. Also, do not be afraid to sacrifice your creatures, you have many ways to establish board presence as well (Afterlife effects, summons, scepter...) Vampiric Skull
- strong board presence card. It adds 6/6 creature with summoning a creature from void - most cases Obelisks, but sometimes you need to be smart and summon sticky creature or Axewoman for instant clearing or Protection removal. Another reason not to be afraid to sacrifice your creatures. Overseer of Vitality
- another undervalued card because it is 7 mana. Board clearing, buff, tempo, presence 6/6 creature. It is a great combo card sine you will always have some creatures on board (this is why you want sticky creatures). If you have Zombies it is also a great healing option. Everything that is left alive after roar your creatures will kill. But don't hesitate to use it on its own to clear board and taunt opponent to use spells.
- Other cards (you might use or avoid)
If you are staring up new player and do not have some of those cards - use welcome + core set to get to Astral Meteorite/Twilight Shadow. From there get full meteorite deck and start earning daily GODS to buy cards you need.
You want Fiend and Hoplite first because they are very cheap, Rhino as well and Obelisks. Then save for Necroscepter and Lord. Onyx Nightblade 2 mana
- you can use this card at low ranks. It will help you a lot against annoying 1 attack cards. Later replace it with second Necroscepter or Obelisks. Fickle Cambion 3 mana
- easy replacement for Rhino or Hoplite. Usually it will be killer fast and you might not even use it but it is a treat for opponent. Works better in aggro decks. Vrock 3 mana
- another good option. 4/2 and draw cards. be careful with card draws you you do not hurt your hand with too many cards. Also you can force you opponent to lose cards if you notice his hand is full. And not to mention opponent will always try to get rid of it because of 4 DMG. Dune Cavalry 3 mana
- very good starting card for 3 mana. Very useful at early ranks, 3/4, it can take a hit and deal damage. Tomb Carver 4 mana
- another great replacement for Rhino. Some Control decks use it at higher ranks as well. For 4 mana you can take a hit, deal good damage and afterlife heals you. Wetlands Ogre 4 mana
- pure brute, if you do not have Tomb Carver yet. Once you get Carver replace it with it. Void Flash 4 mana
- this spell can sometimes save you at lower ranks. You need to trade your creature as well but you can remove crucial threat. At higher ranks it wont work too well in this deck. Ogre Archer 5 mana
- If you are desperate for more board clearing options, but replace it with something better as soon as you get it. For Lord for example. Void Drake 7 mana
- If you do not have Overseer of Vitality this is good replacement. Be careful how you use it because it only destroys everything with 3 HP and less. I used it until i got Overseer Cyclops Defender 7 mana
- If you do not have Void Drake you can add this one, it will help you save your creatures/god and it can deal good damage. End Times 8 mana
- board cleanse card with board dominance. It is 8 mana card so you can only play it later in the game. For this deck Overseer is better option but it can save you sometimes. It's better for control deck instead of Apocalypses Now for example (but nothing can really replace that card) Helian Elite 8 mana
- More buffed Cyclops Defender. This is not control deck so high cost mana cards will be burden later on. For lower ranks go for it but maybe just 1 copy. Skeletal Hopilite
and Undead Roach 1 mana
- i use Axewoman for clearing options as said. If you will go heavy with Nether you can use those, especially if you want to try Chira and Corpse Explosion. Eva, Baroness of the Dead 2 mana
- good option, better in control decks but good vs aggro in general. With Soul Burn power you will have one less option for triggering effect. It is a gamble because sometimes your side of board gets transformed (Obelisks for example). I used it for some time then i replaced it with second Necroscepter. Corpse Explosion 5 mana
- an option you can consider and you will see it in a lot of decks. For me it didn't worked so i never actually used it. But it is an option for sure. Players usually have 1 copy, and i do not like 1 copy cards in deck, hard to draw. Ragnarok 1 mana
- this is great card, really is. It is expensive in comparison to this deck but it it a double edge sword for it as well. You can easily clear aggro cards with it but if you gonna use it it would be best to combine it with Siren of the Grave. Raze Imp 1 mana
- avoid this card. I have seen players using it and it might seem good but i adds random cards to your deck. This deck i well combined and you do not want anything to ruin your chances for pulling what you need. Burrowing Scarab 1 mana
- not for this deck. Great card but better for Anubians, Mill, or even aggro. Dangerous Ritual 2 mana
- might come in handy but you need something to combine it with like Corpse Explosion. Crimson Oni 4 mana
- not good, Rhino is much better, do not get it even if it's cheap. Reap 6 mana
- for control decks, you have Ray of Disintegration and a lot of healing from leach. Neferu, Champion of Death 6 mana
- oh boy, this card is nice. It will cost you a lot if you are F2P but it is a good card. It will for for you as extra board control, something like buffed Overseer. Undead Chimera 4 mana
- great card, aggro uses it a lot, you can use it as well if you trade it with something. Soul Shatter 3 mana
- Curse of Greed is much better. With this one you can destroy your own creatures. Necronomics 1 mana
- awesome card but only if you have Corpse Explosion or something to combine it with. Also expensive compared to this deck. The Rotted One 5 mana
- this on is tricky. I saw it few times and it rarely works (for now, as it is a dragon). Pay attention to this card for the future. Arch of Amenmose 6 mana
- for aggro and Corpse explosion, not for this type of deck. Encumbered Looter 2 mana
- might come in handy but only works early, there are better 2 mana options. This one works better with Anubians. Spawn of Callaryn 4 mana
- i saw it few times, i find Rhino a better 4 mana card for this deck. Over the Line 6 mana
- not for this build, you need stronger creatures, Corpse Explosion is better. Frozen Rest 3 mana
- some players take one copy but it works better in control decks, you do not need it here. Look at the Sanctum for relic removals. Spirit Storm 3 mana
- i saw this few times with same build, skip it. Deck has too few afterlife creatures, but pay attention to this card for the future. Fallen Legion 3 mana
- option to replace Cursed Hoplite but i like Hoplite better - it's more sticky Perseverance 4 mana
- great card but it will not work all the time with this deck. You need constant board domination, or at least you want that. This is great for elimination/healing but it will leave 1/1 creatures which can easily be removed. I said it earlier, sticky creatures are important here. Chira, The Spiritspeaker 3 mana
- great card as well, amazing, but not in this deck. Sure you have Fae here and some other Nether cards but if everything goes to plan they are already used and you established board dominace. 1 mana cards are not Nether so you have problem with activation. Ember Oni 7 mana
- what to say, i dont like this card at all but you can use it. You can swap 1 Overseer of Vitality for 1 Oni, or add 1 Oni for more Control, slower deck
Gameplay and matches
As said this deck is great for Solar Gold/Diamond. You can reach Mythic but you really need to do good and have some luck. Also once you are in Mythic you not stay there forever.
I know there have been a lot of posts saying aggro decks are free ticket to Mythic, especially before with aggro war, but do not believe everything you read. Agrro decks are coin toss, if they do not get what they need in first 2 turns they will probably lose. They are fast deck but coin toss. With enough of matches you can get a good streak to get you you to Mythic, but in general you will say most of aggro players fluctuate a lot. Also aggro is more strategic then you think and only top skilled players will always stay in highest ranks.
This deck is designed to have answers most most of the time no matter what, but it lacks some key elements to be a true Mythic deck.
Your worst opponent is actually mulligan and draws. It is designed as fast Midrange deck, there are also some slower Midrange decks. You have 12 cards that are 4+ mana, and if mulligan is cruel to you, you will lose no matter what. I've had a lot of those matches, going first and i get all 4+ mana cards with bad draws later on.
This is the part where some players say game is rigged. I do not have any evidence to it but it sure is strange to see some odd statically chances happening more then often in a row. Either by bad mulligan, bad draws or prefect counters from opponent.
Speaking of opponents: Magic
Worst match you can get. So annoying especially Control Magic. They are the sole reason along with mulligan and ranking system you will have hard time reaching Mythic or sometimes drop to Auric Gold. Shaped blast, Unbound Flames and Ember Oni give Mages so much option do remove everything you have. Until Ember Oni was released it was kind of OK to play against them, but now, pure annoying pain. And with Oni not touched by "balance team" i'm afraid how Magic will look like in the future because they will for sure get new powerful spells.
Other Magic decks are OK to deal with. Look at their god power and just keep pressure if the select anything then Magebolt.
For mulligan - go with Fiend, Fae, Obelisks, Necroscepter from low mana cards, Rhino is good draw sometimes. You do not need spells early on so don't keep them. Going first best mulligan is Axewoman, Scepter, Obelisks/Hoplite/Rhino. Going second, Fiend, Fae, ScepteObeliks is good.
Second most annoying deck you will face is Amazon deck. So bloody annoying with their Canopy Sniper, Nimble Pixie, Barksworn Protector
and so on. Here your worst enemy is mulligan, because if you do not manage to keep them in order they will ruin all your creatures no matter what.
Other nature decks are easy to deal with. If you see god power Animal Bond it is not Amazon and keep an eye on Dagan -
Cures of Greed will ruin him.
For mulligan - go with Axewoman, Gleamweaver,
Curse and Blight bomb,
Fiend, Fae, Obelisks, Necroscepter from low mana cards, Hoplite is good draw sometimes. Going first best mulligan is Axewoman/Gleamweaver, ScepteObelisks (or both), Curse or Blight bomb. Going second, Curse or Blight bomb always if you get it
, Fiend, Fae, ScepteObeliks for example.
My favorite god even though i do not play it :/ Control deception is pain it he ass because of big mana control cards. You need to make them trade coastally - meaning smart board presence
. Keep an eye on Toast To Peace -
while playing control/mill deception always put most valuable cards as left as possible. Cutthroat Insight
was never a true issue for this deck because if you set up a good board domination and you can easily do it, by the time they used it you would do some heavy damage to their god. Only if your board control sucked CI would ruin you.
Aggro Decpetion - just start strong with board domination, they will have to trade because of leach. Keep an eye on Sanctum and for Bifurcating Curse
- lure them sometimes. It's not that hard to win against them, they usually need to be very lucky to win easily against you.
For mulligan - go with Axewoman, Gleamweaver,
Curse and Blight bomb,
Fiend, Fae, Obelisks, Necroscepter. Going first best mulligan is Axewoman/Gleamweaver, Scepter and Obelisks
, Curse or Blight bomb. Going second, Curse or Blight bomb always if you get it
, Fiend, Fae, ScepteObeliks for example.
Besides heavy control light you can deal with anything. Again, start strong, make them trade. Fiend + Fae will ruin most of early cards for them. Your removal spell will do the rest. From 5+ mana lure them to fill board so you can use Bifurcating Curse
and Overseer. They will also hate your Rhino and Vampiric Skull.
Do no let them dominate you because you will not be able to remove buffed creatures. Trade as well, even if you need to clear your side of board.
For mulligan - go with Axewoman, Gleamweaver,
Curse and Blight bomb,
Fiend, Fae, Obelisks, Necroscepter. Going first best mulligan is Axewoman/Gleamweaver, ScepteObelisks (or both), Curse or Blight bomb. Going second, Curse or Blight bomb always, Fiend, Fae, ScepteObeliks
Aggro War is the easiest match along with Aggro/Regen Nature. Once you get out Obelisk and Necroscepter they are in trouble. Axewoman + Fae will clear early threats if you do not get removal spells. Do not let them go unchecked early. After 4+ mana you own them if you keep them in check.
For Control war, heavy dominance , Fiend, Rhino, Cursed Hoplite. Same for Relic or Armor war.
For mulligan - go with Axewoman, Gleamweaver,
Curse and Blight bomb,
Fiend, Fae, Obelisks, Necroscepter. Going first best mulligan is Axewoman/Gleamweaver, ScepteObelisks (or both), Curse or Blight bomb. Going second, Curse or Blight bomb is a must
, Fiend, Fae, ScepteObeliks.
Control Death is just OP right now. Magic is annoying, just that, but Control Death... You will probably lose but it will not be an annoying match. And since Control Death is very expensive not everyone will have it. Unlink Magic + Oni.
Aggro Death - easy, they will need Corpse Explosion against you to win so your main priority is to clear board all the time.
Anubians - similar to Aggro, plus you have Gleamweaver, a game over for them if you ruin their void.
Midrange - you play against yourselfer probably so you should know all the weakness. Do not let them have 2 Lords on board, ever.
For mulligan - Axewoman, Gleamweaver,
Curse and Blight bomb,
Fiend, Fae, Obelisks, Necroscepter. Going first best mulligan is Axewoman/GleamweaveFiend, ScepteObelisks, Curse or Blight bomb. Going second, Curse or Blight bomb, Fiend/Fae/Axewoman, ScepteObeliks.
That's it. It is a cheap faster deck but, you will have to learn hoe to paly this deck. Do not rush when not needed, learn how to lure your opponent, trade off moves. Once you know your deck things get even easier.
Hey y'all, going to be starting a Tyranid force come Leviathan, been getting back into the game recently, Tyranids were my original army, started back when Battle for Macragge dropped. Anyway, was just wondering if there are any units you think are least likely to get a new kit, I kinda wanna buy something to test paint.
So I’m moving from a construction job I’ve had for almost a decade. I got my A+ in December of 2021 and I’ve been looking for an IT job that I wouldn’t have to take a crazy massive pay cut. Well I finally found a company that’s willing to overlook my lack of experience and still consider me for interviews. I took an online aptitude test and scored good on it so I think that will help.
I do have an extensive personal background in technology just nothing professional(I have a small “side business” that I use programs like Logic Pro, Blender, several game engines to complete various projects for people, and I kind of used this to get my foot in the door with them I think). I’m just lacking a lot of confidence and I’ve been doubting myself a lot with the transition. I was going to see if any technologists on here could offer up any advice on how I can be more confident about it? I’m usually a pretty outgoing person but this has me almost jittery when I talk to someone and I feel so cripplingly nervous lol.
The position is for a Technical support administrator, I just applied for the position not expecting a call and this hiring recruiter called me and after talking for a while I expressed that I don’t have any prior experience on paper for tech work. He said normally it would be a deal breaker but he said I have my A +, I also have my associates in general studies, and he said I seems like I have a good personality for the position.
This is at a well known logistics business in my area and it’s paying a little more than what I make doing construction so I really want to land this job. I have one phone interview and after the phone interview will be an in-person interview and I’m terrified. I know I’d zero issues with the job and I would be an excellent employe, I’m just having trouble mustering up the outward confidence in myself.
Hello there, I'd consider myself a noob when it comes to overclocking.
I had a i7 2600k running at 4.5 GHz for the past 12 years. Stable, cool at the time (75c full load). This week I bought myself a new system. Going from the i7 2600k air cooled (hyper 212+ Evo) Gigabyte z68-ud3h-b3 with a R9 390 to the following:
Gigabyte z790 aorus elite ax I5 13600k MSI Rtx 4070ti ventus 3x oc 32 GB Corsair vengeance rgb 6000mhz H150i Elite Capellix xt 360
Huge upgrade from my previous system however I like to push things to the limit.
OC/UC my 4070ti to 2850mhz @ 950mv OC the i5 13600k to 5.5Ghz leaving the e-cores at 3.9. p-cores are running 1.2v with a +0.085 offset. E-cores are running 3.9Ghz defaults. Temps during C23 multicore are maximum of 86c. Again, I'm cooling this with a H150i Elite Capellix xt 360mm rad.
My stocks are: ~32c idle with 1.28vcore Sadly I did not test during max load due to my excitement...
During gaming (While OC'ed) I get an average of 58c but this average might be skewed due to maximum temperature of 64c during boot. While monitoring temps with HWinfo64 it seems the average is around 42-46c with a max of 52c(based on personal calculations and resetting the max/avg/etc in HWinfo64).
My maximum vcore according to HWinfo64 is 1.334v this is during gaming and while running C23 it's a max of 1.344v. I hit a max of 203W during C23.
I'm currently playing on 1080p but next month I'm getting a 1440p monitor with 144hz.
I hope this provides enough information for my following questions:
Is this a good OC with the voltage being used?
Are these temperatures alright for my OC?
Is it worth keeping these settings for gaming solely or should I reduce the clocks and voltages, to reduce temperatures?
Will my current settings provide me a benefit at 1440p or should I stick to stock CPU settings and rather go for a possible undervolt instead?
It seems, of rather feels, like I got unlucky with the silicon lottery. But then again I haven't dabbled with overclocking for over a decade so I have no idea if I should expect the same from this CPU compared to the i7 2600k(which I know was an amazing overclocker).
What should be the max vcore on the i5 13600k?
I probably have some more questions but let's go with this for now.
I would like to thank you in advance.
As a newer player to the game, this is my first edition change up. Hoping Veteran ayers will help out with this.
How exactly do we play Necrons in 10th?
i was thinking of getting ps plus extra so i could get South park: fractured but whole, but i need to know if when my subscription ends will i still have the game??
I constantly see people trading/selling/talking about them and from when I played years ago ( when I was 8) I’ve had absolutely no idea how to go about getting one? And now there are so many new ones, rare ones, old ones??? I feel a little silly for even asking this but what’s the difference and how do I get one? I don’t care which one but since I was a kid I’ve wanted one, and now that I’m older and can understand the game a little better I was hoping for some advice on how to go about this. Tia I really appreciate this group it has been nothing but helpful rejoining the animal jam community 😁
So I think I know the answer to my question, but I figured I’d run it by those much more knowledgeable than I am. I find that having quality backing boards is a game changer, and I am actually getting some shoulder I can work with….. with two noticeable exceptions - my kettle stitches near the head and tail of the spine. It seems like these two areas will not bend/conform like the rest of the spine. Now, I don’t feel like my stitches are too tight, but I’m guessing they must be. I am concerned that if I go too loose with my ends stitches it will compromise the structure of the spine. Am I overthinking this? I suppose the looser stitches could be compensated for when the spine is glued. Any recommendations are appreciated - thanks!
Preface: Principal development for SWTOR by BioWare is, effectively, over meaning nothing new is being put on the roadmap, no new expansion started, just finishing what is already in the works. Obviously, we don't know that Broadsword will take over and we don't know what they'll do with the game if they take over, but track the record is very consistent and they're not BioWare.
So... What do you wish BioWare had done? World PvP rewards? Repeatable companion missions in cantinas? More crew skills? Now that you know you're not getting it, what do you wish you'd gotten?