Best lacrosse eye black designs
Loba The Translocating Thief
2019.12.29 08:01 MustyComb Loba The Translocating Thief
Hello, Loba here, Welcome to MY Sub-Reddit. Here you can discuss any art, highlights, memes, news, etc. about the diamond that is Me. All are welcome here, even those demonio Revenant mains. Good luck out there my little wolfs...
2015.03.15 18:18 Cities: Skylines Porn
A subreddit for the best and the most eye pleasing designs, maps and all other creations in Cities: Skylines.
2016.11.24 22:29 ikbenhoogalsneuken Charlie Brooker
The internet's perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain't one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering.
2023.06.01 21:03 69throwawayslater Arsenal question for Reno
I plan on bringing:
· IQ Tour at 1000
· Nova at 2000
· Kinetic Cobalt at 4000
· Fatal Venom at 5500
· [Open spot]
· Spare ball
I have drilled up:
· Top Thrill at 5500
· Phaze II (Pin down) at 3000 (On its third drill, but first two were just fingers)
· Daredevil Danger at 2000
I have noticed the scores are down significantly across the board this year. So, I think it is going to be a tight shot. So, is it best to go with a versatile ball? Something like a Venom Shock?
Or do I venture down the urethane route with a Pitch Black or Purple Hammer? I've never had a urethane ball, but I am practicing on sport starting soon.
For whatever reason the Kinetic Cobalt is very controllable and doesn’t offer the back-end snap it suggests on comparison websites, but I LOVE the ball and is my favorite.
For more information I am a 16.5-17MPH bowler with 350-375 RPMs. I also have no problem shuffling equipment or changing surfaces.
submitted by 69throwawayslater
to Bowling [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 21:03 Kaeligos /r/Diablo4 & DiabloBuilds.com Partnership The Race to WF Launch Giveaway Our Journey
It's been a long
journey through the the haze of eternity, and today only marks the beginning of an even longer journey into our newfound home. I wanted to touch upon this & announce some wonderful things that are ongoing inside the community
We have entered into a formal partnership
, they intend to provide leading and quality damage calculation tools through their wonderfully & meticulously designed build calculators. Their goal is to provide the community with the best of tools available with the finest minds building that software around that notion & ease of use.
# The Race to World First !
, you can compete with real time updated leaderboards during the race to WF.
It'll feature a multi-POV broadcast featuring numerous casters, and other prominent influencers in the diablo community. For several days they'll watch the best of the best strive for greatness - the FIRST level 100 in Diablo IV & bragging rights associated with reaching this incredible milestone.
Fans will also have the opportunity to interact in real-time in chat, engaging in polls, and entering giveaways, all to enhance the overall experience!
This is tailored to being a fun, interactive environment, where everyone is welcome to compete & enjoy the fight against the many evils lurking in Sanctuary
Even if you fall to the minions of hell, or perhaps the angels of the light the experience is not over, our new home is finally here
, with many more memories & friends
to make along the way!
, Dr. Lup
, and many, many others!
# Launch Gaming PC Giveaway
In partnership with DiabloBuilds, they are hosting a $4,000 gaming PC Bundle giveaway! Be sure to check out the link below & enter to win!
And don't forget to check out the stream!
# Our Journey
I've not had a chance to actually write down my thoughts and feelings regarding the journey we've been on. Things have actually been quite crazy, and I honestly can't believe how far we've come. This community deserves the best of homes possible & I strive to provide that goal in every upmost way possible.
It's unbelievable the amount of time that has passed, It almost seems like it was yesterday I was starting the theme on the subreddit. Now we have a fully automatic sticky rotation system, the subreddit CSS recode is underway, our automatic sidebar is rotating every 2 minutes to show off featured creators (With more to be added soon!), and soon a new bluetracker
system on the subreddit.
We're at nearly 250,000 followers, 120,000+ members on the discord, we're partnered with Blizzard on the discord, and we just partnered with DiabloBuilds.com
I can't be more grateful for all those that have come together to make this a wonderful home.
I can't thank all of you all so much for wanting to band together to make one of the best community homes around, and while I get there's some things that may be a tad crazy we're dedicated to ensuring that craziness stays within acceptable bounds within our community ;) , just think, you have to be somewhat crazy to enjoy this much blood & slaughtering of demons?
A few shout-outs, Ketraies
- Thank you so much, this community is lead by a bright and talented leader, I can't thank you enough for all you have done for everyone through /D2R
and beyond, I know our journey just begins today, and I am excited for the adventure that we've about to embark, it'll have its highs & lows but we'll always strive to provide the best. Clueso
- You're insane! This subreddit would be in shambles without you, always going above & beyond wanting to provide understanding and enlightenment in oneself through compassion. All the Discord Moderators
- You all are doing such a wonderful & amazing job in providing the community with a robust & safe outlet in all of our various channels, I can't thank you all enough for the work you all provide. DiabloBuilds
- Thanks for coming together to make a lot of these events possible, your focus is for the community & I am excited for the journey we'll go through in the coming years!
*cheers* to all of those whom are & aren't competing in the race!
submitted by Kaeligos
to diablo4 [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 21:02 AutoModerator [I HAVE] Iman Gadzhi Agency Navigator FULL updated course And 3,000+ MORE FREE courses
| || | submitted by AutoModerator to NewSMMA2023 [link] [comments]
https://preview.redd.it/xbbmvwk05y2b1.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=116c1a4c80219604524cc4a321c8086cdb93a5a7 if ANYONE is interested send me a message on Fiverr
==> https://bazarcom.org/Biahezacourse NEW COURSES
(Included when buying my whole collection!):
· ⭐Iman Gadzhi – Agency Navigator 2023
· ⭐Sam Ovens - Consulting Accelerator 2023
· ⭐Cole Gordon – 30 Day Closer
· ⭐Montell Gordon - Agency Transmulation
· ⭐Charlie Morgan - Easygrow Course
· ⭐Sebastian Esqueda - Ecom Revolution
· ⭐Biaheza Droppshiping Course 2023
· Andrew Tate – Courses Bundle
· Charlie Morgan - Imperium Agency
· Charlie Morgan - Gym Growth Accelerator
· Biaheza - Full Dropshipping Course 2023
· Jordan Welch - The Reveal 2023
· Savannah Sanchez - TikTok Ads Course 2023
· Iman Gadzhi - Copy Paste Agency
· Sam Ovens - UpLevel Consulting
· Miles – The FBA Roadmap + The Profit Vault
· Andrew Giorgi – Amazon Dropshipping Course
· Sebastian Esqueda – Ecom Revolution Training Program
· Luca Netz – Advanced Dropshipping 2023
· Kevin King – Freedom Ticket 3.0
· Jordan Platten – LearnAds – Facebook Ads Pro 2023
· Miles – The FBA Roadmap + The Profit Vault
· Dan Vas – Ecom Freedom Shopify Blueprint 2023
· Alexander J.A Cortes - WiFi Money Machine
· Kody Knows - Native Mastery
· Bastiaan Slot - Six Figure Consulting
· Kaibax - Centurion agency
· Joe Robert - Print On Demand Accelerator
· Ryan Hogue - Ryan's Method Dropshipped POD
· Kevin Zhang - Ecommerce Millionaire Mastery
· Ryan Lee – 48 Hour Continuity
· [METHOD] ⚡️TikTok Algorithm Domination Skyrocket your engagement TODAY Updated 2023✨
· Troy Ericson – Email List Management Certification
· Larry Goins – Filthy Riches Home Study Course
· Ry Schwartz – Automated Intimacy
· Patrick Bet-David – All Access Bundle
· Andrea Unger – Master the Code & Go LIVE
· Jon Benson – 10 Minute Sales Letter
· Alen Sultanic – Automatic Clients & Bonuses
· Taylor Welch – Cashflow for Consultants
· Akeem Reed – Slingshot Rental Blueprint
· The Futur Greg Gunn – Illustration for Designers
· Trading180 – Supply And Demand Zone Trading Course
· Jim McKelvey (Foundr) – How To Build An Unbeatable Business
· Master of AI Copy – Copy School by Copyhackers
· Copyhackers – Copy School 2023
· Matei – Gann Master Forex Course
· YOYAO Hsueh – Topical Maps Unlocked
· Tyler McMurray – Facts Verse Youtube Automation Course
· Ashton Shanks – 7 Day Copywriting Challenge Featuring ChatGPT
· Rene Lacad – Rockstar Marketing Blueprint
· Top Trade Tools – Hedge Fund Trender
· Brandi Mowles – Conversion For Clients
· Glen Allsopp – SEO Blueprint 2 (DETAILED)
· Trading Busters – Prop Trading Formula Course
· Sam Woods – The AI Copywriting Workshop (Complete Edition)
· Brian Anderson – Recovery Profit System
· LOW COMPETITION KEYWORDS IN MINUTES ⚡ 70+ REVIEWS ✅ BONUS PDF WORTH $200+
· Devon Brown – Easiest System Ever
· Duston McGroarty – St. Patrick’s Day 2023 Live Event
· Dan Wardrope – Click & Deploy Sales Android
· Lost Boys Academy – How To Make Life Changing Money With OnlyFans!
· WealthFRX Trading Mastery Course 2.0
· TOM & HARRY – Digital Culture Academy
· 100+ Cold Email Templates
· [METHOD] ✅ Make Real Cash with Auto Blogging ⛔Get $1199 Worth of Resources ❌ CUSTOMIZED SECRET PROCESS⚡DONE FOR YOU SITE ⭐ Unlimited Niche Opportunity & So on
· Tobias Dahlberg – Brand Mastery
· Raul Gonzalez – Day Trading Institution 2.0
· Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen –Impact Academy 2023
· [METHOD] ☢️ The Quick eBay Money Loophole Guide ☢️
· Apteros Trading – March 2023 Intensive
· Rob Lennon – Zero to 10k Twitter Accelerator
· Rob Lennon – Next-Level Prompt Engineering with AI
· Rasmus & Christian Mikkelsen – NEW Audiobook Income Academy Download
· Grow and Convert – Customers From Content
· Charles Miller – The Writersonal Branding Playbook
· Kaye Putnam – Convert with a Quiz
· Forex Mentor – London Close Trade 2.0
· Chase Reiner – Fortune Bots Update 1
· Andrew Ethan Zeng – Social Marketing Mastery
· [Method] Upload FULL, 100% Unedited Copyrighted Videos on Youtube! Content ID DESTROYER!
· Digital Daily – Top 150 ChatGPT Prompts to Make your Life Easy
· Patek Fynnip – Psychology Course
· Thomas Frank – Creator’s Companion (Ultimate Brain Edition)
· [METHOD] ⚡ See the MAGIC of Bulk Posting ✨ Untapped Method ✅ [ BONUS ChatGpt and Affiliate list Pdf]✅
· ⭕️ YouTube Content Machine – Unlimited FREE traffic for CPA – Fully Automated Method ⭕️
· Jakob Greenfeld – Scraping The Web For Fun and Profit
· Adrian Twarog – OpenAI Template Starter Kit for ChatGPT / GPT3
· The Secret Merchants List of Over 2000+ Dropshippers and Amazon FBA Suppliers Based in The US
· Top Trade Tools – Top Swing Trader Pro
· Charlie Houpert – Charisma University 2023
· ▶️ [METHOD + GUIDE] ✅ Make Money ✅ with Kindle Books ⚠️ Even if You Can’t Write ⚠️ [STEP-BY-STEP] ⚡ NO INVESTMENT REQUIRED! ⚡
· Charlie Morgan – Easy Grow
· Nina Clapperton – Jasper AI Course for Bloggers
· Travis Stephenson – Simple Profit System
· Manny Khoshbin – Real Estate Starter Program
· Tanner Henkel & Jerrod Harlan – 7-Figure Email Machine
· [METHOD] Stop Wasting Money on AI Writers Train And Fine-Tune Your Own AI For Free With No Code ⚡⚡⚡Real Method & Practice Examples ⚡⚡
· Creator Hooks – YouTube Title Mastery
· Thomas Frank – Creator’s Companion (Ultimate Brain Edition)
· Sean Dollwet – Royalty Hero
· Jason Bell – Birthday Marketing Formula
· NXT Level FX – Investors Domain
· [METHOD] ⏩ My ETSY $40K~ Passive Income 2023 + HOT Products (Earning Proof) ⏪ Make Money No Marketing Easy $40K~ Guide FOR NOOBS ✅
· Rob Jones & Gerry Cramer – Profit Singularity Ultra Edition 2022 (AI & ChatGPT)
· Cody Wittick & Taylor Lagace – The Influencer Marketing Blueprint
· ⚡️➡️$390/Week BLUEPRINT+PROOF✅Scalable Method❤️Amazon to eBay Dropship✅
· Kody Ashmore – Simpler Trading – Drama Free Day Trades ELITE
· Youri van Hofwegen – YouTube Search Automation
· Montell Gordon – Agency Transmutation
· Csaba Borzasi – Breakthrough Conversions Academy
· Tim Denning – Twitter Badassery
· Geoff Cudd – AI Writing Course for Bloggers & Digital Marketers
· RED CPA FORMULA – UNTAPPED UNDERGROUND CPA SYSTEM
· BowtiedCocoon – Zero to $100k: Landing Any Tech Sales Role
· Holly Starks – Make LINK BUILDING Great Again!
· Mike Warren – Deeds4Cash
· BITCOIN BRITS – The Crypto Course
· Max Gilles – ⚡️☄️ UHQ Leak ❤️CPA JACKER – Epic CPA Blueprint✅⚡️
· Aidan Booth & Steve Clayton – 123 Profit Update 9
· Christina Galbato – The Influencer Bootcamp
· John Thornhill – Ambassador Program
· [Sales] 999+ Ultimate ChatGPT Prompts To Copy & Paste (250+ tasks)
· Pollinate Trading – Curvy Trading System
· Content Mavericks – The Greatest Hits Content System
· Andriy Boychuk – Flowium – Klaviyo Mastery 2.0
· Dagobert Renouf – How To Dominate Twitter (Advanced Growth Bundle)
· Darius Lukas – ⭐ The Marketer’s Bible to ChatGPT ✅ 1000+ ChatGPT Prompts to Copy, Paste & Scale
· Billy Gene – 5 Day A.I. Crash Course for Marketers
· Alex Cattoni – Posse Eye Brand Voice Challenge Program
· Casey Zander – YouTube Fame Game Blueprint
· Harlan Kilstein – Midjourney Mastery
· Shawna Newman – YouTube for Niche Sites
· [Marketing] 1099+ Ultimate ChatGPT Marketing Prompts To Copy & Paste (200+ tasks)
· Karen Foo – Star Traders Forex Intermediate Course
· TheMacLyf – Hive Mind & Masterclass (Onlyfans Course)
· Brittany Lewis – Top Seller Secret
· Dan Henry – Facebook Ads for Entrepreneur
· Russ Horn – Ultra Blue Forex
· Scott Phillips – Crypto Salary System
· Roland Frasier – AI Powered Expert Apprentice + Update 1
· Roger & Barry – Give Academy 1k/Day Platinum Mastermind [COMPLETE with LATEST UPDATE]
· Bretty Curry (Smart Marketer) – Smart Amazon Ecommerce
· Steven Dux – Traders Edge 2023
· Aidan Booth & Steve Clayton – 123 Profit
· Allie Bjerk – Tiny Offer Lab
· Dicke Bush – Generate 10x More Content Using AI
· Mateusz Rutkowski – New Money Blueprint
· Smart Raja Concepts (SRC) – Forex 101
· Chase Reiner – Short Form Riches Bootcamp 2023 – AI ChatGPT Bot Update 3
· Chase Reiner – AI Profits
· Travis Sago – Cold Outreach & Prospecting AMA Offer (Best Value with All Bonuses)
· Live Traders – Professional Trading Strategies
· Allan Dib – The 1-Page Marketing Plan Course
· Dan Koe – Digital Economics Masters Degree
· The Trading Guide – The Gold Box Strategy
· The Complete XAUUSD GOLD Forex Scalping System On Real Trading Account if ANYONE is interested send me a message on Fiverr
2023.06.01 21:02 SinfulAbsorption Best RAM For Gaming in USA Available on Amazon
| || | submitted by SinfulAbsorption to markforcart [link] [comments]
When it comes to gaming, having enough RAM is important because games typically require a lot of memory to run smoothly. The more RAM your PC has, the more data it can store in this temporary storage area, which means that it can access information faster and improve overall performance.
In addition, having fast and reliable RAM is crucial for gaming as it can reduce loading times and ensure that your computer processes information quickly. This is particularly important for online multiplayer games where split-second reactions can mean the difference between winning and losing.
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 is a high-performance memory module that offers impressive speed and reliability for gaming enthusiasts, professionals, and power users. With its cutting-edge technology and sleek design, this RAM unit provides a seamless experience for gamers and content creators alike. Read Our Full Review View on Amazon
Crucial RAM 64GB Kit DDR5 4800MHz
The Crucial RAM 64GB Kit DDR5 4800MHz is an impressive piece of hardware that delivers exceptional performance and value. As a tech enthusiast and system builder, I was excited to get my hands on this kit and put it through its paces. Read Our Full Review View on Amazon
Kingston FURY Beast RGB 64GB 3600MT/s DDR4
Kingston FURY Beast RGB 64GB 3600MT/s DDR4 is one of the best RAM modules currently available on the market. It offers superior performance and impressive features that cater to gamers, content creators, and professionals alike. In this review, we will take an in-depth look at the specifications, performance, features, reasons to buy, value, and conclusion of the Kingston FURY Beast RGB 64GB 3600MT/s DDR4. Read Our Full Review View on Amazon
TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem ARGB 3600MHz
TeamGroup's T-Force Xtreem ARGB 3600MHz is a high-performance DDR4 memory kit that boasts impressive specifications and features. In this review, we'll take a closer look at what the Xtreem ARGB has to offer and determine whether it's worth your investment.
Read Our Full Review View on Amazon
CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 32GB 5600MHz
Corsair Vengeance DDR5 RAM 32GB 5600MHz is one of the latest and most impressive memory modules to hit the market. This high-performance RAM boasts exceptional specifications, features, and value that make it an excellent choice for gamers, content creators, and professionals looking to push their systems to the limit. Read Our Full Review View on Amazon
2023.06.01 21:01 PurpleSolitudes Best Internet Monitoring Software
| || | submitted by PurpleSolitudes to allinsolution [link] [comments]
SentryPC is a powerful internet monitoring software that allows parents, employers and individuals to monitor and control computer and internet usage. With its advanced features and user-friendly interface, SentryPC has become the preferred choice for those who need to keep an eye on computer and internet activity.
In this review, we will take a closer look at what makes SentryPC the best internet monitoring software and why it has become so popular among users.
The first thing that sets SentryPC apart from other internet monitoring software is its comprehensive set of features. Whether you are a parent looking to protect your children from online predators or an employer concerned about productivity, SentryPC has everything you need to monitor and control computer and internet usage.
Some of the key features of SentryPC include:
- Keystroke Logging: SentryPC captures all keystrokes typed on the monitored computer, including passwords and chat conversations.
- Website Monitoring: SentryPC tracks all websites visited by the user, allowing parents and employers to see which sites their children or employees are accessing.
- Application Monitoring: SentryPC records all applications used on the computer, including the duration of use, providing insight into how time is being spent.
- Social Media Monitoring: SentryPC monitors social media activity, such as Facebook posts and Twitter messages, giving parents and employers insight into online behavior.
- Screenshots: SentryPC captures screenshots of the monitored computer, allowing parents and employers to see exactly what the user is doing.
- Remote Control: SentryPC allows parents and employers to remotely shut down or restart the monitored computer, lock the keyboard and mouse, and even log the user out of their account.
- Alerts: SentryPC sends real-time alerts when specific keywords are typed or certain actions are taken, such as attempting to access blocked websites.
- Reports: SentryPC generates detailed reports on computer and internet activity, making it easy for parents and employers to identify trends and patterns over time.
Ease of Use
Another key factor that makes SentryPC the best internet monitoring software is its user-friendly interface. Even if you are not technically savvy, you can easily install and use SentryPC to monitor and control computer and internet usage.
The software is easy to download and install, and once installed, it runs quietly in the background, capturing data without interfering with computer performance. The dashboard is intuitive and easy to use, allowing users to quickly access reports, alerts and other monitoring tools.
SentryPC also offers a mobile app, which allows parents and employers to monitor computer and internet activity on the go. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices and provides real-time access to all monitoring features.
SentryPC is committed to providing excellent customer support. Their team of support technicians is available 24/7 to answer questions and provide assistance with installation and troubleshooting.
In addition to email and phone support, SentryPC also offers live chat support, allowing users to get answers to their questions in real-time. They also offer a comprehensive knowledge base, which includes articles, tutorials, and videos to help users get the most out of the software.
SentryPC offers flexible pricing plans to meet the needs of different users. The plans range from $59.95 per year for a single license to $995 for 100 licenses.
The basic plan provides all the essential monitoring features, while the premium plan includes advanced features such as webcam capture and audio recording. Users can also customize their plans by adding additional licenses or upgrading to the premium plan at any time.
Overall, SentryPC is the best internet monitoring software on the market today. Its comprehensive set of features, user-friendly interface, and excellent customer support make it an ideal choice for parents, employers, and individuals who need to monitor and control computer and internet usage.
With SentryPC, users can rest assured that they have the tools they need to keep their children safe online, enhance productivity in the workplace, and protect sensitive information from cyber threats.
2023.06.01 21:01 levitatingarceus97 Dog bit someone about 2-3 weeks ago, and I’m freaking out still. Is anything going to happen?
Really worried here. I adopted an amazing little guy, a rescue black lab blue heeler mix who is 2 years old. He’s a shy little guy but he’s grown to love me so much. He’s quickly become my best friend, he plays well with other dogs and does fine on walks but every now and again strangers will scare him. About three weeks ago I had him playing in the little dog park in my apartment complex. On the other side of the fence there is a side walk. A couple was walking and complimented me on my dog. My dog was getting nervous so I got close. The man asked if he could put my dog and I told him “no he’s a rescuer and wouldn’t like that.” The dude then proceeds to reach his hand through the fence to pet my pup anyway and my dog nips at his finger. The dude curses but says that he didn’t break skin and that he “wasn’t going to sue.” The couple quickly left and I took my dog in. I bought him a Baskerville muzzle and he is going to obedience training next week. But I’m really really scared. He hasn’t had any incidents since but if the bite was reported would I have heard something by now?
submitted by levitatingarceus97
to reactivedogs [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 21:01 rjwut If the Bard Wrote The Princess Bride
A little something I wrote about three years ago...
[THE MAN IN BLACK approacheth VIZZINI and BUTTERCUP. They sit at a table with wine and two goblets. VIZZINI holdeth a dagger to the neck of BUTTERCUP; her eyes are covered, and her hands and feet are fettered.]
VIZZINI. Forsooth! There remaineth myself and thou only. If thou wilt see her die, I pray thee, continue thine advance.
MAN IN BLACK. Permit me to expound...
VIZZINI. There is nothing upon which thou mayest expound. Thou doest attempt to abduct that which justly I have purloined.
MAN IN BLACK. Perchance we could obtain an accord?
VIZZINI. There shall be no accord, and thou doest slay her.
[VIZZINI presseth more deeply the point of his dagger in the neck of BUTTERCUP. She gaspeth in alarm.]
MAN IN BLACK. If we can have no accord, we find ourselves in a quandary.
VIZZINI. Alas, so it is. Thy strength exceedeth mine own, and thy intellect doth pale when compared to mine.
MAN IN BLACK. Verily thou hast such great wisdom?
VIZZINI. I shall enlighten thee: thou hast heard tales of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
MAN IN BLACK. Verily.
MAN IN BLACK. Thou sayest! I therefore challenge thy wit with mine own.
VIZZINI. And the princess for the prize?
[The MAN IN BLACK nods assent.]
VIZZINI. And death for him who faileth?
[Anew the MAN IN BLACK nods.]
VIZZINI. We have an accord. [He putteth away his dagger.]
MAN IN BLACK. Well met! I pray thee, pour the wine.
[VIZZINI doth comply. The MAN IN BLACK taketh a small vial from his bosom, and proffereth it to VIZZINI.]
MAN IN BLACK. Inhale this odor, but I beg of thee, touch it not.
VIZZINI. [He doth inhale.] No odor doth assail my nostrils.
MAN IN BLACK. The odor thou doest not detect is that of grains of iocane. It hath no odor nor taste, dissolveth immediately in any libation, and is a deadly agent whose potency is of renoun.
[The MAN IN BLACK taketh the goblets and doth turn his back to VIZZINI. He then replaceth the goblets on the table and discardeth the vial.]
MAN IN BLACK. Where lies the poison? The challenge of wit hath commenced. It endeth when thou doest choose and we both imbibe, and discover who hath chosen aright, and who doth shuffle off the mortal coil.
VIZZINI. This be a task for simpletons. All that I must do is consider that which I know of thee and divine: Be thou the sort of gentleman who is wont to taint his own goblet, or that of his enemy? Consider: a man of understanding desireth to taint his own goblet, for he doth comprehend that only a halfwit doth accept that which his enemy doth place before him. I am no halfwit; it followeth as the night the day that I cannot imbibe the wine before thee. Contrarily, thou most assuredly doest know that I am no halfwit—verily, thou wouldst have depended upon that comprehension—it followeth that I cannot imbibe the wine before myself.
MAN IN BLACK. Hast thou chosen, then?
VIZZINI. Most assuredly not. Forsooth, even a simpleton doth know that iocane proceedeth from Australia, a country o’erflowing with the vilest of malefactors. It is a rarity that such men have confidence with others, as thou doest not have confidence with me; it followeth plainly that I cannot imbibe the wine before thee.
MAN IN BLACK. Verily thy comprehension doth confound my poor wit.
VIZZINI. AND YET HAVE I NOT BEGUN! I pray thee, tell me of what I last spoke?
MAN IN BLACK: Australia.
VIZZINI. Verily, Australia. And thou must have believed that the provenance of the grains would not be unknown to one such as I; it followeth plainly that I cannot imbibe the wine before myself.
MAN IN BLACK. Thou dost attempt to postpone thy decision.
VIZZINI. VERILY, THOU DESIREST THAT SUCH WOULD BE SO! Thou hast vanquished the giant in mine employ, thou doest therefore possess remarkable strength. Thou mayest have tainted thine own goblet, with confidence in thy virility; it followeth plainly that I cannot imbibe the wine before thee. Contrarily, thou hast also defeated mine indentured Spaniard; thou art therefore learned. In thine education, thou most assuredly hath discovered that man hath life in his breast but a short season. Thou wouldest have placed the deadly agent afar off from thee; it followeth plainly that I cannot imbibe the wine before myself.
MAN IN BLACK. Thine intent is to cause me to disclose to thee what thou desirest to know by subtlety. Thou shalt have no satisfaction.
VIZZINI. THAT SATISFACTION HATH ALREADY BEEN OBTAINED! THOU HAST DISCLOSED ALL! VERILY I KNOW WHICH GOBLET THOU HAST TAINTED!
MAN IN BLACK. Forestall no further, then, I pray thee.
VIZZINI. I shall comply; my choice is—Blessed fig’s-end! What is that yonder?
MAN IN BLACK. [Turning to mark it] What is the cause of thy exclamation?
[VIZZINI doth exchange the goblets.]
MAN IN BLACK. [Returning] I behold nothing.
VIZZINI. By my troth, I beheld a thing. It mattereth not. [He laugheth.]
MAN IN BLACK. I pray thee, disclose what doth fill thy breast with mirth.
VIZZINI. I shall tell thee presently. We shall first drink: I from the goblet before me, and thou from thine.
[They take their goblets and drink. VIZZINI again laugheth.]
MAN IN BLACK. Thy powers of divination fail thee.
VIZZINI. Thou art deceived! That is the fount of mirth within my breast! I DID VERILY CHANGE THE GOBLETS WHEN THY BACK WAST TURNED TO ME! Ha ha! Thou halfwit! Most assuredly, thou hast fallen to a most simple blunder. That which is of most renown is to never become concerned in warfare for Asian territory, but the renown of this is lesser by a mote: THOU SHALT NOT CHALLENGE ONE FROM SICILY WHEN THY LIFE HANGETH IN THE BALANCE!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA!
[VIZZINI doth halt in his mirth suddenly. He falleth to the ground and doth give up the ghost. The MAN IN BLACK uncovereth the eyes of BUTTERCUP.]
BUTTERCUP. Who art thou?
MAN IN BLACK. I will not be made a fool. That only dost thou need know.
[He doth unfetter her hands and feet.]
BUTTERCUP. Verily it was thy goblet that was tainted during the entire encounter.
MAN IN BLACK. Both were tainted. I have poisoned myself by degrees with grains of iocane, by which I have obtained the strength wherewith to resist it.
submitted by rjwut
to princessbride [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 21:00 BornAgainBlue HypnoMates, the world's first AI-powered Hypnotist assistant, is in open testing! Come check out our Discord server
We are thrilled to announce the launch of HypnoMates, the world's first AI-powered Hypnotist assistant Discord bot, which is currently in open testing and available exclusively on our Discord server featuring over a dozen Hypnotist assistant bots running. With full voice support and a dynamic script creation feature, HypnoMates offers a revolutionary experience in the world of hypnosis.
HypnoMates sets itself apart from other hypnosis tools with its AI-powered assistant that dynamically creates hypnotic scripts in response to user input. Our state-of-the-art platform harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to offer a unique and personalized hypnotherapy experience. The HypnoMates bot has been designed to assist hypnotherapists and individuals interested in hypnosis, making hypnotherapy more accessible, affordable, and enjoyable for everyone.
Our user-friendly Discord bot offers personalized and private hypnotherapy sessions that are tailored to your specific needs, ensuring that each session is impactful and unique. As a disclaimer, HypnoMates is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is not therapy unless used in conjunction with a licensed therapist or physician.
Upon release, the HypnoMates bot will be available for no charge for personal use. We invite you to visit our website at www.HypnoMates.com
for more information and to access our open testing program.
Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to providing you with the best hypnotherapy experience possible.
Sincerely, The HypnoMates Team
submitted by BornAgainBlue
to HypnoMates [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 21:00 DiscoverDurham Things to Do in Durham this Weekend (Jun 1-4)
Check out our full Durham events calendar
If you'd like to add an event to our calendar, submit an event here
. Please check with the event organizers to see if events change due to weather. Have a great weekend!
June Featured Events 53rd Annual Bimbé Cultural Arts Festival
at Rock Quarry Park
- This family-oriented event is a celebration of African and African American history, culture, arts, and traditions.
- Headlined by Intro, Mr. Cheeks, Petey Pablo, and KRS-One
- Free admission
PLAYlist Concert Series: Raíces, Rutas, y Ritmos
- The show is based on the events leading up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, telling a story of the efforts of John Adams to persuade his colleagues to vote for American independence and to sign the document.
- This Tony Award-winning Best Musical is tuneful, witty, and constantly surprising, especially in this revolutionary new production from directors Jeffrey L. Page (Violet) and Diane Paulus (Waitress) with a cast that reflects multiple representations of race, gender, and ethnicity.
- Jun 1-4
at Durham Central Park
- Raíces, Rutas, y Ritmos highlights the importance of music-making among Latin American migrants in North Carolina, as well as the prominence of Latin American-derived music in the Triangle area.
- 6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Free admission
Venue Weekend Schedules Events
at The Carolina Theatre Events
at The Pinhook Events
at Motorco Music hall Events
at The Fruit
- Fri, Jun 2 at 11:00 p.m. - Job Fruit Residency: IN2IT
- Sat, Jun 3 at 10:00 p.m. - Paradox: A 90s Rave Experience
- Sun, Jun 4 at 12:00 p.m. - The Fruit Flea: Monthly Flea Market
at Blue Note Grill Events
at Moon Dog Meadery
- Thursdays - Free Board Games
- Thu, Jun 1 at 7:00 p.m. - Trivia
- Fri, Jun 2 at 8:00 p.m. - First Friday Swing Dance Night with Nitelife Boogie!
- Free dance lesson at 7:30 p.m.
- Sun, Jun 4 at 6:30 p.m. - Moon Dog Open Mic
at Sharp 9 Gallery Events
- Thu, Jun 1 - Jay Hammond & Andy Stack with Joe Westerlund and Tarot with Virginia
- Fri, Jun 2 - Russell Favret and Tarot with Heiltje
- Sat, Jun 3 - Bardo Bloom and Tarot with Rene
- Sun, Jun 4 - Matty Famartino and Tarot with Joy
at Rubies on Five Points Events
at Durty Bull Brewing Company
- Thu, Jun 1
- 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Food Truck: Safari Eatz
- 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Thursday Trivia with Nick
- Fri, Jun 2
- Sat, Jun 3
- 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Food Truck: Chop House BBQ
- 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - DJ Jack Bonney
- 4:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. - Taxicab Preacher
- Sun, Jun 4
- 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Food Truck: Charlie C's Hotdogs On Wheels
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Hammered Trivia with Thor
at Mettlesome Events
at Boxyard RTP Events
at Glass Jug Beer Lab in RTP Events
at Glass Jug Beer Lab in Downtown Durham
Local Sports Durham Bulls Home Stand
at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park
Running of the Bulls 8K
- vs Jacksonville
- Thu, Jun 1 - Pride Night
- Fri, Jun 2 - Friday Night Fireworks
- Sat, Jun 3 - Saturday Night Fireworks
- Sun, Jun 4 - Kids Run the Bases
at Historic Durham Athletic Park
- The 15th running of Durham’s premiere community road race! This scenic course will wind through the historic and revitalized neighborhoods of downtown Durham, American Tobacco Campus, Trinity Park and Old North Durham neighborhoods, and finish with a lap of the warning track inside the historic Old Durham Athletic Park!
- Sat, Jun 3 at 7:00 a.m.
Thursday, Jun 1 Thirsty Thursdays
Vinyl Night with DJ Deckades
- Each month Dashi's Thirsty Thursday drink specials revolve around a monthly theme – spirits, cocktails, special ingredients, brand, location, etc. – with new sips every Thursday. Learn more about upcoming themes on their website or visit them in person – there's always something new to try from their expansive bar!
- 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
at Gizmo Brew Works
Boulders & Brews Meetup
- Enjoy fresh vibes on the patio with DJ Deckades. Bring your own vinyl to share or just listen to what the DJ is spinning.
- 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Triangle Rock Club - Durham
Trivia Night w/Big Slow Tom
- Show up and climb at TRC Durham, then head over to Hi-Wire for some brews. Don't worry if it's your first time or haven't bouldered before; everyone's welcome.
- Your first visit to the gym with the Meetup includes free admission and gear rental, and subsequent visits with the meetup are $15 and include harness rental (outside of meetups, day pass rates of $19 apply and do not include rentals).
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
at Clouds Brewing Brightleaf Square
- Join Clouds Durham for Big Slow Tom's Trivia Night, every Thursday. Win some prizes, drink some beer, and show your smarts.
- Enjoy $4 select draft and $5 rotating bartender's choice all night.
- 7:30 p.m.
- Free admission
Friday, Jun 2 Tasting at Ten
at Counter Culture Coffee
Garden Printing: Cyanotypes and Hammered Flower Prints on Fabric
- Every Friday morning at 10 am, Counter Culture Coffee opens their Training Centers to coffee lovers who want to learn more about Counter Culture Coffee’s high-quality, sustainably sourced menu.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Free, but donations accepted
at Duke Campus Farm
- Visitors to Duke Campus Farm can come take a tour of the space, learn more about what is grown and why, and choose from a number of plants from the garden to experiment with two printing techniques that highlight the shape and color of fresh produce and flowers. With cyanotype printing, we will use either the plant as a silhouette to make sun prints using UV light, or make use of parts of the plants to create a composition on the blue-tinted paper.
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Free admission (registration encouraged)
Saturday, Jun 3 Durham Farmers’ Market
at Durham Central Park
South Durham Farmers' Market
- The Durham Farmers’ Market offers locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs, cut flowers, artisanal cheeses and breads, home-baked pies, honey, handmade chocolates, preserves, local wines, handmade soaps, fresh pasta, and artwork of all sorts!
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Greenwood Commons Shopping Center
- The market strives to support new and growing farms and vendors in the greater Durham area, and they are also home to some of the most iconic Durham brands around.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Southern Boundaries Park
Hayti Walking History Tour
- A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer, or spectate. It's up to you!
- 8:00 a.m.
- Free admission
at Hayti Heritage Center
Nasher Community Celebration
- So, how do you pronounce H-A-Y-T-I ? What are the Hayti Neighborhood's connections to the island of Haiti? ...to Black Wall St.? ...to the city of Durham at large? These questions are answered while many more are raised in this 75-minute tour of Fayetteville St., the commercial center of Durham’s largest African American residential neighborhood. Stops include the neighborhood’s founding institutions: St. Joseph’s AME church, The Carolina Times, Stanford L. Warren Library and more!
- Stories include: Women of Hayti, Power of Black Churches and Urban Renewal. The tour begins and ends at the Hayti Heritage Center.
- 10:00 a.m.
at the Nasher Museum of Art
- An outdoor party featuring GRAMMY Award-winning producer 9th Wonder and friends. Celebrate Spirit in the Land with pop-up children’s book readings in the galleries. At 2 p.m., Alberto Barrantes, an author visiting from Costa Rica, will give a reading from his new bilingual book Arts for Diversity. Art activities will be inspired by artists María Berrío and Andrea Chung.
- The Museum of Life and Science will join us with StarLab to view the night sky—and insects to study up close. Piedmont Wildlife Center will also bring several animals. Everyone can sample free cotton candy by Wonderpuff. Also fun to try: temporary tattoos inspired by the natural world. Assorted sandwiches and beverages from the Nasher Museum Cafe will be available for purchase. Cash bar.
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Durham Central Park
- Shop from 55+ local artists and makers, plus food trucks and coffee.
- 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Gizmo Brew Works
Beaver Queen Pageant — Once Upon a Wetland...
- Free pint with purchase of craft box. Choose from a variety of craft packages available for all ages.
- 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
at Duke Park
- The Beaver Queen Pageant is the Triangle’s own special mix of folly, pageantry, and humor. Contestants take on beaver personalities and compete for the title of Beaver Queen with their fashion, talent, and personality. There will be music, a kid's art activity station, food trucks, and much more!
- Enjoy the fun at this family-friendly and free event which raises funds for the Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association. Vote for your favorite contestants - or bribe a judge - at www.beaverqueen.org. You are not going to want to miss this truly weird and delightful Durham experience.
- 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission
Sunday, Jun 4 Al Strong Presents Jazz Brunch
at Alley Twenty Six
- Al Strong, the Grammy-nominated jazz trumpeter, composer and recording artist, will bring a rotating lineup of musicians to perform during Sunday brunch at Durham's Alley Twenty Six. Weather permitting the band will perform in the bar’s namesake alley.
- Brunch from 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Music 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
at Mystic Farm & Distillery
- Shop handmade in this special setting. Mystic Farm & Distillery in Durham offers a unique place to gather and enjoy local spirits. The Art-n-Soul Market brings the best local artisans, food trucks and live music out to the farm for bourbon tastings, craft cocktails, food trucks and distinctive gifts you won't find anywhere else. Bring your friends and meet us at the bourbon farm! Dogs welcome.
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Duke Chapel
- Learn about the history, architecture, and life of Duke Chapel in this tour, which is free and open to the public. The tour begins at 12:15 p.m., or immediately following the conclusion of the Sunday morning service, and lasts approximately forty-five minutes.
- No reservation is required but if you plan to bring a large group please notify us in advance. Meet the docent on the front steps of the Chapel.
- Paid parking is available on a first come, first served basis in the Bryan Center Parking Lot at 125 Science Drive. ADA parking is available in the Bryan Center Surface Lot at the same address.
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
at Navigator Beverage Co.
- Hosted by the Triangle’s Trivia team, Hammered Trivia, gather your team and post up to compete for prizes and enjoy an afternoon of great drinks, great friends, and great games.
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission
Running Art Exhibits upstART Gallery: A Jim Lee Project
at Pop Box Gallery
- upstART Gallery will host its first group show at Pop Box Gallery & The Art Chose Me’s residency in Old East Durham. The show features 27 artists who were selected through an open call review process. Artists were challenged to create work especially for this unique space, scaled 1:12 (one inch = one foot).
- Wed-Sat from 12:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m.
- Runs through Jul 1
at 21c Museum Hotel
- Truth or Dare: A Reality Show
- Open 24 hours
- Free admission
at the Durham Art Guild Truist Gallery
Donna Stubbs, Featured Artist
- This exhibit highlights several NC-based artists that, on the surface, use colors that are “extra” (which is where their commonality ends) to evoke their intent through a combination of this color with forms and imagery as well as the concepts embedded in color’s many identities. Artists Jane Cheek, Jerstin Crosby, Zach Storm, Tonya Solley Thornton and Leif Zikade all require color to play a primary role in their work and their relationship to an audience.
- Mon–Sat from 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and Sun from 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Runs through June 4
- Free admission
at 5 Points Gallery
Chieko Murasugi & Renzo Ortega
- 5 Points Gallery in downtown Durham introduces a new exhibit featuring the work of our member artist, Donna Stubbs. Donna uses an archaeological approach to painting, as she lovingly photographs her surroundings and unearths discarded items in thrift stores to create abstract mixed media works.
- Free admission
at Craven Allen Gallery
Spirit in the Land
- An exhibition featuring both abstract and figurative works by two artists with international backgrounds. The SEQUENTIAL exhibition invites the observer on a visual journey, generating an organic relationship between the artworks and the gallery's visitors. Through the dynamics of color, form, ideas, and narratives, Chieko Murasugi and Renzo Ortega seek to generate a dialogue and the experience of art appreciation with the audience.
- Sat, May 20 at 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - opening reception
- Runs through July 8
at the Nasher
Andy Warhol: You Look Good in Pictures
- Spirit in the Land is a contemporary art exhibition that examines today’s urgent ecological concerns from a cultural perspective, demonstrating how intricately our identities and natural environments are intertwined. Through their artwork, 30 artists show us how rooted in the earth our most cherished cultural traditions are, how our relationship to land and water shapes us as individuals and communities
- Tue-Fri from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Runs through Jul 9
- Free admission
at the Nasher
Art of Peru
- Andy Warhol: You Look Good in Pictures explores the breadth of the artist’s relationship with photography through several distinct bodies of work including screenprints of celebrities, all of which were taken from photographs, a group of Polaroids and black and white snapshots illustrating his social circles, and an early silent film of the curator Henry Geldzahler from 1964.
- Tue-Fri from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Runs through Aug 27
- Free admission
at the Nasher
- This gallery features ceramics, textiles, metalwork and carvings produced by ancient cultures across what is known as present-day Peru.
- Tue-Fri from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Runs through Dec 2
- Free admission
submitted by DiscoverDurham
to bullcity [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 21:00 krectus Everything from the Meta Gaming Showcase and more. Thoughts and recap
Overall to sum it up this was par for the course, the same as before with their gaming showcases, some good stuff, but ultimately a bit disappointing overall. There is a sense that there will be more Quest 3 exclusives to show off once that gets fully revealed, but for now who knows, it's all speculation. Good news is everything shown off is available for Quest 2 as well. And they finished with AG2, so at least one AAA game to show off this time.
Lets get on with it. Asgard's Wrath II
The big one, the standout, the AAA Meta title everyone's been hoping for with these things. Looks amazing, just pure glorious VR gameplay that seems to be everything you want in a VR game. Quest exclusive so no PCVR version, the official nail in the PCVR Meta coffin (RIP). Finally something big from Sanzaru. Coming out "Winter 2023"....lol, so December? why not just say December 2023. Bulletstorm
Looks pretty good, looks just like what you'd think a game called Bulletstorm would be. But still kind of just another VR shooter but some giant monster bosses. Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
Yes this again. Finally getting a little more firm release, "This Fall". Still looks really fun, should be one of the biggest VR games of the year, also going to be big on PSVR2 most likely. Really cool looking, but one we've already seen stuff from, not much new here. Attack on Titan
I know nothing of this franchise, but looks like you can fly around attacking a giant creepy naked guy, for those that are into that kinda thing, get excited it's "coming this winter". But seriously, always good to see big franchises jumping into VR. Stranger Things
Speaking of big franchises jumping into VR. This is a big one and this game looks so so...meh. You play as Vecna, the bad guy in some very average looking gameplay. Probably not what a lot of people were hoping for, doesn't look like any of the cast is invloved. Looks like a typical mediocre videogame tie-in. But you know, it's something. Arizona Sunshine 2
Already announced recently (weird) so a bit of a weak showing here. BUT this could be the best game of the year, the original was amazing, this has such great potential, keep an eye on this one. Really cool to be getting a sequel for this one. 7th Guest
Well here's a name most people haven't heard in 30 years and totally forgot existed. Can't say I'm too familiar. But the trailer does look pretty good, Vertigo Games on this one so it should be good. Dungeons of Eternity
A rougelike dungeon crawler that looks...not bad. Kinda cool. But then Asgard's Wrath II showcased they've got something like this as a side part in their game. This could be fun multiplayer though. But nothing too great looking. Vampire: too many titles
From the company that brought you Wraith: Too many titles. A cool concept here being a vampire roaming around stalking people, but doesn't look all that amazing, has some good potential, just like Wraith. Silent Slayer - Vault of the Vampire
What's this another wordy vampire game? Yes! Not much to show off, but the concept seems cool, having to stay as silent as possible. A good use of VR, if they pull if off well. Racket Club
Oh god this is a horrible awkward, lame looking trailer. But, I mean it kinda does look like a fun little racket game, I guess. Underdogs
Not what I was expecting as the next game from the RacketNX team, but a cool looking Mech battle game. Looks like a good use of VR. I Expect You to Die 3
Already known, but showed off a new trailer. Coming out Summer 2023, so actually something coming out soon! Samba De Amigo
They started out with this. Not a good start. Not sure what this is, I guess it's a big thing? I mean it looks like a fun rhythm game, lots of famous songs and...SEGA?! but yeah it's another rhythm game. PowerWash Simulator
Didn't make the showcase, but it's coming to Quests this year. It's a real thing alright. We Are One
A game that's out now! A unique looking puzzle shooter. Demeo Battles
I've never played Demeo but this looks like more Demeo. No real release date here though. Death Game Hotel
A japanese gambling tournament game? Story based, where you have to bet your limbs. ooookay.
No More Rainbows - https://youtu.be/dOaUyKtcgs0
Destroying cute little adorable creatures. This looks good. Onward update
Looks like Onward is getting a nice update, glad to see it. Walkabout Mini Golf update
Looks like Exploding kittens, lasers and crossplay with iOS...weird. Little Cities update
Nice to see this game keep getting updated. It was a bit lacking at launch but seems to have some nice improvements.
They also mentioned Assassin's Creed will be showcased at Ubisoft's event. Didn't even get to show off a teaser, don't you dare take Ubisoft's thunder here Meta.
submitted by krectus
to oculus [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:59 tommy3kx Looking for a gaming PC that is able to handle stable diffusion AI, and light photo editing. (Photoshop, or similar). Gaming will mostly be FPS, and things like modded bethesda games, rimworld, and a few AAA modern games.
Hi, so I'll start by saying I have ZERO knowledge of building a PC. I am great with laptops and laptop/electronics repair so I'm certain I can do the hands on parts no problems. It's the knowledge of which parts are best that concerns me. I don't care if it has tons of lights, LEDs, or whatever "looks coolest" I only care about performance and prefer a case that isn't white. I've looked through recent posts and have found 1 that seems similar but the price range was higher than mine so I wanted to post my own.
Thank you so much in advance!
Budget $800 to $1200 (Lower preferred)
No OS needed.
No peripherals needed.
Overclocking is a possibility if necessary
I'm in the USA in a California desert with temps hitting 100° regularly.
When it comes to gaming I'll be doing a lot of things like 7-Days to die, Skyrim, Fallout NV and 4, Project Zomboid, Rimworld and a few AAA games such as Call of Duty, Apex Legends and what not. All heavily modded. (graphic quality doesn't have to be ultra or extremely high)
Since I will be doing a lot of AI stable diffusion as well, i'd prefer something that has an Nvidia GPU, however this is not necessary, just a big want.
I'll also be doing a bit of photoshop and graphic design, but that much I'm not worried about because I have a laptop that is more that capable of these things just fine.
My budget isn't solid, but I would definitely prefer something in the range of $800 to $1000, but if it's gonna be game changing, then up to $1250ish if needed.
I'm not too sure how accurate the "Can you run it" website is, but i've used it for years to check if my computers can run certain games and there's always the little bit that shows you which PC's they recommend to run 99% of games. I know prebuilt is a huge price increase, but would anyone recommend a build like this? If I was to do it myself of course.
(Not an affiliate link!) https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-i7-11700-GeForce-Windows-G10CE-AH766/dp/B09LCC5QWS/ref=sr\_1\_10?keywords=Gaming%2BPC%2BNVIDIA&qid=1685645666&sr=8-10&ufe=app\_do%3Aamzn1.fos.765d4786-5719-48b9-b588-eab9385652d5&th=1
submitted by tommy3kx
to buildmeapc [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:59 smoothtimes_ [F4M] Baseball Season is in swing. And so is your Sexy, Spunky PR manager!
*Warning! Sporty, Sexy, and Slutty themes ahead!*
The crowd would cheer after another beautiful victory by the home team. Though it was to almost be expected at this point. They were having quite the run, now onto their eighth straight win and looking to get back in form within their division. A beautiful showcase of pitching on the mound and rally after rally taking place behind the plate, resulting in tons of hits and numerous runs, easily giving them a 12-2 win. It was needless to say that the team was more than in sync, now winning their last five games by ten or more runs. If things continued the way they did throughout the remaining crucial weeks on the calendar, they were looking at top spot in their division, hopefully grabbing the number one seed heading into the dreaded postseason. With only twenty games to go and only four games back on their division rivals, almost anything could happen at this point. They were a young squad with a lot of potential, even some seasoned veterans on the team as well, making nothing but a perfect wrecking ball.
Both teams would exchange fair handshakes, showing nothing more than good sportsmanship as that’s what they were all taught to do. Keep your head down and play the game. Of course during the game, the adrenaline, and pure excitement would cause chirping or yelling from either side, but grown men couldn’t usually help such a feeling. Winning was everything at the end of the day. Heading down into the clubhouse showed that very much. The boys throwing their bats about, jerseys, gloves, it was like a food fight of equipment. Though, in good spirits, someone would have to be cleaning this all up afterwards.
All the chaos would be interrupted but nothing more than the sounds of heels clicking against the ground from all the hallway, dashing into the newly renovated clubhouse, filled with beautiful team colored lighting, newly incorporated baths and jacuzzis, even the lockers fully redesigned, each players name and number above them to indicate who went where.
“Everyone clothed in here!?” A young, petite and dainty woman walked in with her eyes covered. Her voice was upbeat, her smile wide and her body oh so sexy. She complimented it with the team's jersey wide open, wearing a black crop top underneath, some tight leather pants and of course, those bright neon pink heels. It was safe to say she was a fashion guru, as she did tons of modeling throughout her career. Her hair was up in a bouncy bun on her head, her chocolatey hair just shining in the lights. Though, she’d take her hands down from her face, revealing those beautiful Korean eyes and frowned just a tad, “One of these days I’ll see it, huh boys?” She giggled playfully, of course being met by woo’s and cheers from the boys. They loved her. She was kind, sweet, upbeat, and not to mention a piece to look at. “Alright boys another great fucking win yeah!? If you guys don’t stop hitting the balls we’ll be out of bats by the end of the season huh!?” She giggled again, her lovely little accent on full display as she spoke, spinning around the room a-bit as she pulled out her little notebook from her back pocket. “Alright boys let’s settle down! Got some quick news! Johnson, Davids and Willaims, you will be our representatives for the post game interview tonight! Moore, Lewis, you’ll be doing morning interviews with the local radio before gametime! Annnnnnnnnd, Harris! You’ll be starting for us tomorrow night, yeah!?” Of course the team cheered him on, shoving him around playfully, “Alright good! Alright boys get a move on yeah! Clubhouse clears in an hour! Goodnight boys!” She whistled loudly, taking a firm turn on her heel and skipping out of the room like nothing.
“Goodnight Yuri!” Many of them said with a loud clang of the bats, of course spewing talk about her as she left. Typical guy conversation.
“Hey.” One of your teammates came up, nudging your shoulder. “Great game out there.” He nodded, sitting next to you. “Couple of the guys and I are going to get some drinks after the game. You in?” He asked curiously but couldn’t help notice that you seemed to be in a daze of some sorts. “Aye!” He shoved you a little harder, chuckling as he knew exactly what it was. “Thinking about Ms. Kim again aren’t you? Can’t say I blame you. It’s been nice having an upbeat PR around here.. Can’t even begin to describe what it was like back in Cleveland. Always so boring, couldn’t care less about us. But you can tell she cares. Acts like a bit of a slut, but I guess it comes with the position. So, are you in or not?” He’d ask again hoping to reel you in.
So, this is my new little plot I’ve come up with! I know it’s a tad niche, but I’m hoping to find someone who would be interested! Essentially, it’s surrounding a baseball team and their PR manager, a former model, young and totally upbeat. All the guys have a thing for her, being single and practically millionaires from their playtime. But they respect her almost like a younger sister. But you? You can’t help but feel things. So! That’s where we pick up! We can discuss the exact starting scene when we get into planning!
Rules: 1. Be yourself! Though please try to add just a bit of chunk to your intro, as I won’t reply to just “Hello” or “Hi”. 2. If you have any good ideas to bring to the table, please share! The more ideas and creativity, the better the story! 3. 18+ only. No negotiations. 4. I do prefer longterm. 5. I usually am pretty active, but will let you know if I won’t be! 6. I like discord personally for RP. 7. I will introduce my character as we get into planning. 8. I do prefer 3rd person. 9. PLEASE! Try reaching out via chat first. IF you can't, PM is more than ok. 10. I require no knowledge on baseball!
submitted by smoothtimes_
to roleplaying [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:59 jackie_119 Scrolling fatigue
Does anyone get scrolling fatigue? Almost all apps have a scrolling design to the extent that it becomes tiring and also causes eye strain.
submitted by jackie_119
to iphone [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:58 vertigosaint90 My Encounter With Mr Boots
Okay, this will be a long post but I hope people will stick with it and give me their honest feedback. I've been considering posting to this Subreddit for a while now, but I'm really rubbish at using Reddit! I want to tell people about my encounter with a somewhat notorious ghost and how to this day, I can't explain what happened to me.
Back in 2019 I attended the Edinburgh film festival and it was my first time visiting the city. I had an amazing time, and one night I decided to take some time off watching films to do some tourist-like activities. In the hostel where I was staying I saw a leaflet for the Edinburgh Vault tours which I thought would be fascinating as I'm a serious history buff. If you don't know what the Edinburgh vaults are they are are a series of chambers formed in the nineteen arches of the South Bridge in Edinburgh, Scotland which were used to house a number of different businesses until they became a shelter for the homeless (more info here
). The tour was a 'Ghost' tour of the seedy part of old town in Edinburgh, and despite having some slightly paranormal experiences in the past, I felt pretty confident that I could handle going on my own.
The first part of the tour took place above ground and to be honest, it wasn't particularly great as it was the middle of June and despite being around 6-7pm, it was sunny and bright which didn't really create the right atmosphere. The tour guide led us to the entrance of the vaults, which we entered through a normal building and down a flight of stairs. Before, we went into the vaults, she told us to make sure our shoe laces are tied (I double-tied my laces as I didn't want to trip up as the floor was very uneven).
This was where the tour really started to get interesting. The guide told us about the history of the place and the ghosts that apparently reside there. One is Mr Boots, who is an evil spirit who can be heard stomping around in boots. The other is a small boy that attaches itself to women he considers to be a 'motherly' figure and he likes to grab their hand and is known to untie shoelaces. The un-named boy is apparently scared of Mr Boots. As a tour group, we walk from room to room as the tour guide recounts different stories of ghostly encounters.
We enter one room where there used to be a fireplace, which the guide is in front of. In the archway there's a couple and I'm stood next to them facing the guide and the couple. I decide to take a photo of the guide and the couple when suddenly behind the couple I see this man.
I've never seen a face full of so much hate and evil in all my life. I can't even find the words to describe how menacing they looked, their face looked twisted with hate. They looked human. A tall figure, wearing a long black coat or a cloak, wearing a top hat. They had white pale skin. The figure wasn't transparent, but solid.
The moment I saw him,
the entire left side of my body went numb and cold. And, I mean cold as if that side of my body had frozen. I felt something yank at my left hand and I pulled my eyes away from the figure in the archway to look down at the left hand-side of my body. There's nothing next me, no-one pulling on my hand, and when I go to look up Mr Boots is gone. Thank God!
The guide starts to move everyone to the next room, and I seriously don't want to walk through the archway but I know I can't stay in the small room any longer. I go to move when I look down at my left shoe to see the shoe lace is undone. Only, it's not just undone. The shoelace looks like its been wrapped around someone's finger and they have piled it on top of my shoe. I can't help but gasp out loud and call the guide over. She looks at it baffled and says she's never seen that happen to anyone before! I don't know why but I was too scared to tell her about seeing Mr Boots, because I felt like I couldn't tell her like I would somehow get into trouble? I felt like I was suddenly back to being a little kid.
I wasn't the only person in the tour group to have a paranormal experience. There was this big body-builder type man who clearly thought the whole tour was just nonsense, he was stood in a corner of this room next to a wall just minding his own business when suddenly he jumped and looked behind him. Apparently, he heard someone clap in his ear but there wasn't anyone behind him and no-one in the group had clapped.
I'm nearly at the end of this story, so thank you for sticking with me so far. The last bit is what happened to me back at the hostel when I returned after the tour. I had been sharing a room with a few other girls and I re-telling my experience (minus seeing Mr Boots because I thought no-one would believe me), the girls thought the tour sounded really interesting and we chatted for a bit about Scotland in general before I decided to go to sleep.
As I was lying in my bunk (which was on the bottom), I was suddenly overcome by that feeling of being frozen and paralysed again like I had experienced back in the vault. My eyes were half open and I could see the two girls still talking sat on a bed. I remember wanting to call out to them but I couldn't. I don't know how long I was stuck like this but eventually I found that I could open my eyes fully and I could move again. I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.
If people are interested in some context, I have always had strange experiences on the left hand-side of my body. What I mean by this, is that whenever anything paranormal happens, I feel a shiver go down the entire left hand-side of my body. You know, that feeling you get when someone walks over your grave? Well, that's what I feel. When I was three I was involved in a terrible accident where my dress caught on fire and I was badly burnt. The part of my body most affected? The left part.
submitted by vertigosaint90
to Paranormal [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:58 itsjustanotheralt83 Time and space giving me clarity on reality
I love my twin flame. We spent 8 months together, 6 of them being just pure magic. Y’all know what I mean. It was ecstasy, time stopped and it was just pure bliss, for both of us. The last 2 months brought out a lot of trauma and hardship as we started holding the mirror up to each other.
And I will always love her. I can’t help it. But in the midst of the emotional firestorm that was us separating, I was not in my right mind, I felt myself losing this person I loved so much and it blinded me to reality. We had fully broken up a week or so prior, after several weeks of being in that weird in between stage. It was a Sunday, she sent me this long text that said that all she wants every day is me, that not a single day goes by she doesn’t want to come home to me after work, but she knows deep down it’s not what she needs right now, that she needs time on her own to figure herself out as an individual. I mean, fair enough, but now with time and space I recognize that it was something she was saying to save face as she was already starting to entertain at least one other person. Two days later, a Tuesday, she comes over so we can trade our belongings back, and she comes over with hickeys on her neck. I had seen her the same Sunday she sent that text, and no hickeys then, which means what, she went and did that the same day she sent that text? The next day? And in the moment I was calm, I almost didn’t care because I loved her so much. I asked her why she did it so fast, and she said she was trying to distract herself, forget and move on. I asked her if it worked and she teared up and said no. She was over for two hours that night, and there was still so much love and connection, those energies are unmistakable. We fooled around a little that night, talked open an honest, and agreed I wasn’t going to reach out, that I would give her space and if/when the time was right she could reach out to me.
It’s been a little over two weeks since then, and initially I was a mess. I guess I still am, but I’m not breaking down and crying like before, moreso a numbness. I approached what she did with this other guy through a lens of compassion, that she was doing what she was doing to cope and hide from powerful feelings about where we were at. But, the more time that goes by, and the more I reflect, the more betrayed and upset I feel. How could someone who loved me so much and so genuinely, someone who shared such an intense and powerful connection to me go and sleep with someone 24 hours after telling me that I’m all she wants. It makes me angry, at her and myself for so easily letting her off the hook that night. It’s been over 2 weeks since then and she hasn’t reached out so she is no doubt continuing to distract herself with him or someone else, or multiple. Maybe she’s already starting to see him in a new relationship. It just makes me so angry and so numb. It makes me wonder that if she even ever did reach out, would I ever be able to look at her the same? Did she really just want to be single so she could go out and party and sleep around, even though she said no one before compares and no one new will ever compare? Try to find someone she thought was better even though she told me no one has ever made her feel the way I do, that no one excites her or has ever loved and taken care of her like I do? That I was the first person she ever felt could be her future husband? Did she decide even after everything we had and were, that someone else was a better option? How long was it going on before our split?
This time and space is opening my eyes to the reality of who she is, and how different that is compared to the person I saw and the story I was telling myself about her. When we met and hit it off immediately, as twin flames do, she was seeing someone else, but I wrote it off because he was a real piece of shit that abused her physically and emotionally. But now I see she is the kind of person who can’t allow herself to be alone, who will seek comfort in the arms of men, even when it isn’t in her best interest. The kind of person who will run from her thoughts and feelings by using drugs and alcohol. She has past traumas and I empathize so much with her. I loved her with every part of me, I wanted to save her. I offered her a stability she never had before, and she calmed down a lot. She wasn’t drinking during the day anymore, she was getting to work on time, she was smiling and laughing and saying how happy she was. Now I realize I never could save her, and she has to save herself.
She’s running, not just from me but herself. She is a damaged person, and yet even after typing all this, I love her so much, unconditionally, every day. I just want so badly for her to heal and find peace and love within herself, but fear now that with my absence she will spiral back into the damaging lifestyle she was living before. And there’s nothing I can do to stop it.
submitted by itsjustanotheralt83
to twinflames [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:58 Traditional-Log6755 fake or vintage?
| || |
i’m in serbia right now, and i found a pair of unworn 20 eye dr martens. i wasn’t able to take pictures, but i’ll try my best to describe them and find pictures that resemble them and their characteristics. btw, they are $90– which i’m willing to pay if they’re real… they’re like brand new, no wear on the soles. they also say made in england, and i know the quality of the boots that are actually made in england are amazing the soles themselves look exactly like the first picture it seems that there are some rough edges on the soles though? not like they’ve been worn, but like they weren’t cleaned up when they came out of the mold the tag is what really made me suspect that they’re fake. i know that the tags are usually embroidered, but these were printed on, just like in the second picture the label on the tongue ROUGHLY resembles the third and fourth photo. if i remember correctly, the words were printed onto the inside of the tongue, not on the interior side of the boot as for the insoles, they very roughly resemble the last two pics. i don’t remember exactly how they looked, but i know that it was half of an insole like that. there was some writing on it, but i really can’t remember what it was… i smelled the boots, and they really did smell like real leather. also, the interior leather was black… i read somewhere that it should usually be lighter on the inside?? one more thing— the stitching was pretty consistent for the most part. it was a little rough on the yellow stitching (overlapping, loose ends), and that also made me a little doubtful. i’ll try my best to get some better pictures these next few days if someone else doesn’t snatch them up soon! i really hope they’re real and wish i took pictures. it’d make the identification process a lot easier. i just can’t bring myself to spend $90 on them unless i know they’re real, lol submitted by Traditional-Log6755 to DrMartens [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:58 InternationalCan3105 31 [M4F] Victoria, BC ~ anywhere - Seeking longterm
Hi! I'm interested in building a quality connection with a charming woman.
Ideally a partner to have children with, although that isnt a dealbreaker.
A few things that are super important to me, health & wellness, scuba diving, good food.
Ideally looking for someone under 35, but my dms are open, and wont be offended if your older and think you have something to offer(I've always been most compatible with those a bit older then myself.)
My stats M31, 6ft1, brown hair, blue eyes. Average to fit build. I've recently lost 45lbs and am working hard on being the best version of myself.
Allergic to cats, that ones a deal breaker. I get super sick around them.
In closing, I'm open to anyone from anywhere(mostly) just be aware that I cannot relocate.
submitted by InternationalCan3105
to ForeverAloneDating [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:58 GLaD0S213 I asked chatgpt to create an SCP based on Ainz ooal Gown.
Ainz Breaks Containment. SCP-XXXX
Object Class: Keter
Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXXX is to be contained in a standard humanoid containment cell at Site-██. The cell must be constructed with reinforced titanium walls and equipped with a Class-D suppression system to nullify any magical abilities SCP-XXXX may possess. The containment cell is to be monitored 24/7 by a dedicated security team. No direct physical contact with SCP-XXXX is allowed, and all communication must be conducted remotely through audio and video surveillance equipment.
Description: SCP-XXXX is a humanoid entity measuring approximately 180 centimeters in height. Its physical appearance resembles that of a skeleton, with its entire body composed of an unknown black substance. SCP-XXXX possesses a distinctive, regal presence and wears a set of dark, ornate robes. The entity is often seen wearing an elaborately designed, spiked crown, which it claims as its personal insignia.
SCP-XXXX exhibits a wide range of extraordinary magical abilities, including but not limited to telekinesis, elemental manipulation, summoning creatures, and necromancy. These abilities are displayed through intricate hand gestures and incantations. SCP-XXXX has demonstrated high-level intelligence and an extensive knowledge of magical arts, often referring to itself as "Supreme Being" and "Master of the Great Tomb of Nazarick."
SCP-XXXX claims to be the ruler of an underground fortress known as the Great Tomb of Nazarick, which it describes as a vast labyrinthine structure containing numerous dangerous creatures and powerful artifacts. According to SCP-XXXX, it and its subordinates are the last remaining members of an organization called "Ainz Ooal Gown." However, attempts to locate the Great Tomb of Nazarick or any evidence of SCP-XXXX's claims have been unsuccessful.
SCP-XXXX's presence alone can cause minor reality distortions in its immediate vicinity, leading to disruptions in electronic equipment and temporal anomalies. It has also displayed the ability to control and manipulate the minds of individuals within a certain radius, compelling them to carry out its commands.
SCP-XXXX has shown signs of extreme paranoia and an obsession with gaining and maintaining power. It often expresses a desire to conquer and dominate, believing itself to be superior to all other beings. It has expressed interest in studying and harnessing other SCP objects, with the intent of using their anomalous properties for its own benefit.
Addendum XXXX-1: Incident XXXX-A During a routine containment inspection, SCP-XXXX breached containment and incapacitated several security personnel. It proceeded to explore Site-██, causing widespread destruction and neutralizing multiple security measures. Mobile Task Force Omega-4 ("Reality Enforcers") was dispatched to recontain SCP-XXXX. After an intense confrontation, SCP-XXXX was successfully neutralized and returned to its containment cell.
Following Incident XXXX-A, additional security measures have been implemented to prevent future breaches. Research is ongoing to further understand SCP-XXXX's capabilities and origins.
Addendum XXXX-2: Experiment Log Experiment XXXX-01: Subject: D-3456 Procedure: D-3456 was instructed to approach SCP-XXXX's containment cell and engage in conversation. Results: SCP-XXXX attempted to manipulate D-3456's mind, but the Class-D resisted its influence. SCP-XXXX showed signs of frustration and anger, stating, "Insects dare to resist the will of Ainz Ooal Gown! You will be crushed!" Conclusion: SCP-XXXX's mind control abilities can be resisted by strong-willed individuals.
Experiment XXXX-02: Subject: SCP-173 (The Sculpture) Procedure: SCP-173 was placed within SCP-XXXX's containment cell. Results: SCP-XXXX did not exhibit any hostile behavior towards SCP-173.
submitted by GLaD0S213
to overlord [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:57 RoadPsychological227 Club Car Lift Kit Replacement Parts
| || |
Hello everyone! submitted by RoadPsychological227 to golfcarts [link] [comments]
I'm looking to replace some of the worn out rubber and bushings in the lift kit on my 2001 club car. We've had this lift kit for close to 10 years and it's time to replace some stuff.
I'm having trouble finding the bushings anywhere. Buggies Unlimited has a copy of the instructions but they have been no help in answering my questions. Does anyone happen to know the manufacturer or a site I can order parts from?
2023.06.01 20:56 Severe-Working-8703 Emu wars: HG Wells edition
No one would have believed, that at the dawning of our civilisation’s birth, that we were being watched from the timeless reaches of lands far and distant from our own. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinised, as creatures with a telescope, that flock and gather amid streams of water; simply as the indigenous, barbaric natives of this foreign land. And yet, across the infinite blue vista, minds immeasurably superior to ours, regarded this land with envious eyes. And slowly- and surely- they drew their plans against us.
It was spring; a time for new beginnings. We had set up our communities east of the river, settling far and wide in our bountiful homeland. My mother had prepared our favoured meal of cricket acacia casserole, and we were due home to eat. We had a long day in the crimson sun; my brother and I, along with some of our friends were out playing, near the ravine down the river when we heard the sounds. They came like thunder, splitting the air in an instant and rolling away in the corridors of the heavens above us. Me and my brother both looked at each other in petrified freight, we knew that something grave and devious had begun near to the nesting ground.
The infernal cracking coming from the fields above ricocheted down into the ravines to find us, and by the time we found them, it would be too late. Running through the ravine back to the nest, my brother was racing ahead of me, urging me to hurry as I lagged behind. We had no idea what we were running too, and had half a mind to run the other way, but the fleeting streaks of crimson sun now signalling our way home, would soon come to rest in the sea, and we would be nowhere. Soon enough we reach the end of the ravine, the thunder now in front of us. My brother stopped dead; petrified and exhausted before I drew level with his tail. Coming slowly into view, an unfamiliar shimmer on the horizon reminds me of the ocean, and in a moment of terror, we saw. Our guiding star was falling- into streams of crimson blood.
It had reached dusk, on the 12th of August, and a huge mass smoke rose up from the horizon, clouding the once blue sky above the nesting ground. I could see our people flocking and running in blind fury at the commotion. My brother quicky leapt to join the mob, and I, helpless, ran behind him. As the crowds and the smoke and the sounds of misery drew closer, there came the first of the hulking machines that would bring so much chaos and calamity to our lands. A sudden fluttering in front of us which rose above our heads came to rest in my brother’s, still sprinting, torso. I was overcome with dread, as I watched him slowly, grind to a halt on the ground before me. He stayed there on the floor and I never saw him again. Then there was no time; the others had fallen behind. When I looked about, I was alone. My only hope would be that my sister, Carrie and my mother at home. I prayed that I wouldn’t arrive too late. Plumes of smoke now growing larger in front of me and I can see one of the machines, dragging with it the cloud of beautiful but disturbing gas.
The machines unleashed with them a bevy of projectiles which surged through the airwaves, dissecting our people. And as the vast hoards of our armies flanked the machine, a nightmarish fever overtook me. Drawing in line with the others marching at the machines, I catch up with Banuku- a soldier in our village militia. He drags me into the ranks, shouting.
“Be one of the crowd! But don’t reach the front!”, his eyes transfixed on the enemy armada as he pushed on through. I didn’t have time to ask him what was happening. And I would never see him again. The projectiles fluttered in constant streams, bringing down some of the flock as we pushed on towards the machine, clamouring over the mountains of dead in our wake. In the black of the night shone two luminous disks, which pierced the noir void, whitening the droves of our people, who were now boldly hurdling themselves into the forward mechanisms of the machine. And as shouts of violence and confusion rose, the fluttering stopped. There was a short pause as several slender figures emerged from the pit of the machine. And with a swinging motion, threw forth their ultimate weapon. A shout came before the rock which flew through the sky, then landed upon the ground in the centre of the crowd, and I thought I could see my mother’s face in the flash of fury and fire, that proceeded immediately after. The explosion rendered most in the vicinity a mangled, bloodied mound of flesh and feathers. But yet we pushed on. Hails of fire rained down and in the distant villages across the plains and down the rivers, we could hear more of this ungodly thunder, echoing their destruction in a taunting, reverence. I could feel a pushing from the crowds behind me, bringing with it a sense of calm and belief and hopes of revival- Kahuku, our strongest warrior proceeded on and past me towards the machine, and took his place at the front of the crowd. If Carrie was still alive, she would be here somewhere; she always fancied herself the brave one. By the time Kahuku had reached the machine, our people had gained yet another bout of energy, surging forth with a complete lack of regard for their lives and wellbeing. Suddenly, the machine began to slow, stalling to a stop before the might of Kahuku. The slender beings erupted from the machine firing shots in their retreat, and we perused them into the sunset.
“That didn’t fucking happen Marco! You were never in the war!”
“STOP GASLIGHTING ME, JANINE! LET ME HAVE MY HERITAGE!”
“It’s not heritage if you make it up you, fucktard!”, Janine had had enough of Marco’s shit, and just wanted to have a normal dinner with her parents without Marco faking his involvement in Emu history.
But Marco couldn’t resist; he is a compulsive liar and loves a good origin story.
However, made up.
submitted by Severe-Working-8703
to fiction [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:56 lukethedank13 Awakening 35.3 You aint going anywhere.
Hello there, i hope you enjoy the last third of this chapter.
To all of you who actually read all Awakening posts, i would like to apologise for not providing the links to previous/ next chapter. Have a good day.
Aberty drove in an armored troop transport and contemplated her day, her job and her life in general.
'This shit fucking sucks.'
After this sound assesment she turned her atention to her new pod. She didnt have a lot of time to really get to know them in any capacity but from what she knew they were periphery girls like her and she had seen earlier in the morning that they know how to keep their cool under fire.
They seemed like the kind of girls with whom one could enjoy a barbecue and ungodly amounts of alcohol.
'Aaand i just made myself homesick.'
After some further pondering she came to the conclussion that she is in a need of a drink. It probably wouldnt make things better but they could hardly get any worse.
'Not that Red Grain pisswater the coreworlders call a beer. A proper drink needs to hold a flame when you put a lighter to it.'
Grandma's brew could tranquilise a grox and was rutinely used as desinfectant and alternative fuell source. Just thinking about it improved her mood by a significant margin.
'Ah, so many good memories.'
She gave the girls another look and established what passed as eye contact when one is wearing a full helmet with a marine sitting oposite to her. The marine made the unofficial 'turn off the helmet camera i wanna talk' hand sign.
When everyone had done so she began to talk.
»Hello there, my name is Clee'us and im the pod leader. Im sory i didnt talk to you sooner but i only learned that you will be a part of my pod yesterday. I planned to do it in the morning but it didnt pan out so im talking to you now.«
She then pointed at her comrades.
»Those Empress finest paint stick eaters are Abby and Col'y. As for the sister you are standing in for today her name is Borneia She lost her foot two days ago and got shiped back to orbit«
»So Aberty, where you from?«
»Im from from the ass end of the periphery, coreworlders call it Niossohled , people who actualy live there call it Nines.
»One of us!«
The girls cheered.
»Godess damned turox girl! I like you allready.«
»Welcome to the pod.«
Clee'us then sighed, steped forward and put her hand on Aberty's shoulder.
»We herd what hapened to your pod and for what is it worth offer our deepest condolances. I dont know how long you will be a part of our pod but as long as you are here you are our sister and we take good care of our family.«
»Now, we have a job to do«
She sat back at her seat and began to brief her pod.
»The humans figgured out the cave scum cant hold their own in a fight and attacked their base just as they were getting ready to run back to whatever shitty moist hole they call home.«
»I dunno why they did so but i guess they too came to a conclusion that those good for nothin cowards need a beatin.«
»Now listen i know you might think they deserve it, because they do. But our job is to secure the site and evacuate the survivors back to our base.«
»I know you dun like it. I dont like it. You know how this goes. Im not the one who is giving out orders but i sure as deep will make sure we cary them out.
Normaly i would be saying shit like, i expect you to be on your best, most professiona behaviour. Today, knowing how you all feel bout them, all im asking is that you do your job and dont start shit with the 'redacted slur most foul''.
Some minutes later the APC arived at its destination. Clee'us checked the cameras and gave the signal to dissembark.
When the marines steped out of their emotional suport metal bawkses… ukhm i mean armored personel carriers they beheld a scene of absolute devastation.
»What in the deep hapened here.«
Exclaimed a marine when she saw what remained of a line of neatly parked vehicles not to dissimilar to one she arived in.
There were pieces and remains of smart wire, perimeter turrets, vehicles and personel everwhere. Prefabricated buildings were flattened as by a kinetic orbital strike.
Still the marines had seen and in some cases caused a comparable amount of damage before. What made even the more experienced of them look twice was the amount of damage to the ships. It was obvious they werent going anywhere anytime soon and probably never.
»They look like the navy used them as target practice, you sure the humans did this«
Whille some continued to gawk at the destruction most of the marines soon succesfully sumised the situation.
'Yup, shit is fucked.'
And went on with their work.
First living mercenaries they encountered were at the makeshift baricades inside the ships. Those who expected that the insides of the ships cant posibly look worse than the hull were proved wrong. It was obvious that a brutal close quarters battle was fought for the cargo holds and even some of the main coridors.
In face of such destruction even the most predjudiced of the imperials put their hatred aside and helped their fellow woman regardless of their species, prefered ideology and ocupation.
They rendered first aid and rushed the more severelly wounded to the ambulances that were waiting outside. The marines used combat engineer power frames to remove the debry and cut trough the crushed and buckled metal to free those who were traped in their compartments.
It made for quite a moving scene one could use to advocate for peace and solidarity with fellow sentients so it naturaly didnt last for long.
Aberty was aplying liberal amounts of military grade burn cream/local anestetic to a back of a nighkru mercenary who was laying on the remains of her armor that just barelly saved her life when she heard muted shouting from behind the closed doors to her left. She stood up and asked.
»Do you hear that boss?«
She asked Clee'us who was helping another Nighkru woman put sterile med patches over some quite nasty cuts and scrapes over her lower extremities.
Clee'us stoped what she was doing and turned toward her when another louder cry was heard. Aberty heard way to many human cries of agony to not recognize what she was hearing.
Just as she realised what exactly this meant she saw the mercenary her pod leader was helping go trough a range of emotions before she reached for her pistol.
'No you wont!'
»Watch out boss!«
The nighkru was fast but Aberty was faster. She didnt know exactly what the slaver was trying to do and had no wish to find out.
She fired once and the mercenary colapsed. The nighkru at her feet, she was helping ten seconds ago, tried to stand up. Aberty stomped her into the ground and trained her pistol on her.
»Stay down you piece of shit!«
Clee'us who by now snaped out of the shock of almost geting shot by a woman she was bandaging up, and seeing the said womans head explode all over her, called the leutenant.
»sargeant Clee'us here. We have a situation. A mercenary tried to shoot me and was dispatched with extreme predjudice. There is at least one, posibly more humans on board held against their will.«
A short pause and an audible curse later she got a reply.
»Understood, wait where you are and hold your ground. Leutenant Reixas out.«
The pod positioned in what cover they had and split their weapons between covering the doors and making sure the still living mercenary wont get a chance to try anything.
Their periphery upbringing made it especialy hard to stand and wait when they could hear people call for help.
Fighting the pirates and slavers was at least one of if not the reason they joined the marines. Be it because of a personal experience, wish to protect or want for glory all they wanted to do was to burst trough the door and bring death to those who would dare to enslave Empirial subjects.
All of them at some point in their lives fanthasized about killing slavers and/or saving the innocents from their ville clutches. To be fair the second fanthasy often included a man who would fall in love with them but this still.
Now that they had a chance to, for once in their lives, do excactly what they wanted holding position proved extremely frustraiting. To say they were anything less than fuming at the mouth would be an understatement.
Two instances of gunfire and ten minutes later leutenant herself and three heavilly armed pods reached their position.
Leutenant firstly made sure everyones helmet cam was running. She then called to the mercenaries to surender and gave them ten seconds to walk out with their hands above their heads. When the time ran out she gave the signal to attack.
Were she without a helmet one could see Reixas was almost giddy as she did so.
This was her ticket to promotion the fact that she wanted to do this since she was a teen only sweatened the moment.
What followed was extremely satifying for some the imperials, extremely fatal for the most Way'U personel that hapened to be present there and very frightening and confusing for everyone else.
submitted by lukethedank13
to Sexyspacebabes [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 20:56 Optimal_Ad_1847 25 [M4F] Houston, TX/Anywhere - Seeking a Relationship
I am from Houston, Texas. Well, I live just outside of Houston, but people who live near Houston usually say they are from Houston.
Anyway, I am 25 years old, and I was studying medicine overseas. I have permanently returned to the USA to continue my education. I work part time as an uber eats driver. I spend most of my time studying. This might be a relatively long post. Hobbies/Interests: My hobbies are similar to most people, and we don't have to share the same hobbies or interests.
- Movies and TV (Sci-fi, horror, and crime) - Exercising, especially running - Food (Thai, Mediterranean, and Indian) - Reading - Boardgames and videogames - Nature-y stuff. Walking outside. - Music (Instrumental, orchestral, and rap). I listen to songs from each genre. - Investing
I want to pickup more hobbies and interests. I would like to learn how to play the piano and violin. I want to learn a new language. I want to do outdoor activities such as hiking and maybe even camping. I have always wanted to learn video effects. It's great if you do one or multiple of these things, so I can learn or participate too. We can pickup a joint hobby too. However, I am a homebody. I would describe myself as reserved, calm, but adventurous. I like to tease when I feel comfortable around someone.
- I have no physical requirements because I like people of all sizes and shapes. My tastes vary. However, I do want someone who is healthy, not necessarily skinny. I would like someone who is understanding, open, versatile, and elegant among other things. I believe romance and intimacy are vital to a relationship, so I am drawn to physical affection. I love food, so that is one way to get to my heart.
- Physical Description: I am 5' 7" ~ ish. I have short black hair right now, but I am looking to grow it out again. My skin is light caramel, and I have dark brown eyes. My body is slim to average, but I would like to think I am fit. I enjoy running, and I like lifting too. I workout at home since I do not have a gym membership. I might sport some stubble, but I am usually clean shaven. My clothing style is atrocious. I usually wear shorts and a shirt. I need to improve my clothing game.
- Religion & Politics: I like to call myself a non-resistant nonbeliever, which is similar to agnosticism. I attended a Christian church when I was younger, and my undergraduate school was Catholic. My parents practice Hinduism, so I have some exposure to religion. I am open to anyone regardless of religious affiliation, and I would definitely like to learn. The same applies to politics. I think it is important to be challenged and to grow as a result. It's hard to pinpoint my political stance, but it is neither conservative nor democratic. My political ideology is always evolving.
- Marriage & Kids: I envision a meaningful connection that is built on the premise of transcending the confines of societal expectations of matrimony and children, for I firmly believe that true love and commitment cannot be reduced to a legal contract or the obligation of raising offspring. I do not see myself in marriage. I do not see the point. While some people might find it strange, I believe that a strong and meaningful relationship doesn't require a marriage certificate. However, I would throw that out the window if the right person wanted marriage. Only Siths deal in absolutes. I prefer to focus on building a connection with someone without the added pressure and expectations of marriage. I also do not want kids. I value my time and would rather use it to focus on my partner. If anything, I'd consider adoption, but I'm leaning toward no kids. What more can I say? You know about me. Tell me about yourself.
- Please message me via DM or PM. No ghosters please as if that will deter them. I'd like to talk regularly to build a connection. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to be ghosted or receive messages from people who only send me one word replies. Do not message me if you want me to buy you items. I will not buy anything for you. I might have mentioned too much in this post. You don't have to read everything, and I don't mind repeating myself. I am willing to send a picture to verify. I expect the same if you ask me for a picture. If you have any advice on improving my post, then let me know. Peace out.
submitted by Optimal_Ad_1847
to r4r [link] [comments]